I Respect Aikido But I Could Never Do It Because....

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by fightorflight, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Eh, yeah.....

Remember to take your pills now.

Anyway, back on topic...

2. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

Thx for letting me know. Relax about what?

3. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Wow, a 23 year old Soke.... :rolleyes:

4. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I think it's a sad day in martial arts when people can so easily creat their own style. You can imagine the situation....Hmm I'm bored today...think I'll just go become a master and create my own style....some Blue Peter stickyback plastic and parental help later and here's a mishmash of styles far better martial artists created earlier. Lets call it McDojo Ryu Juitsu Wakey Waza!

5. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

meh in my opinion, from looking at the above guys list, maybe jkd would be the best ways in expressing all you know if you can find what is or is not most efficient. if not, what benefits do you gainf rom training 10+ styles? could you not do better by doing a good MA like jkd/wc for when your up and ju jitsu or aikido for ground work, locks, throws ect. this is an example. yet you could also learn 20 styles and be just as effective. i don't think someone can honestly say they mastered all those styles without having some critique.

personally i'd rather train 2 ma's one for ground fighting and the other for when i'm standing. train these well and have time to do the athletic training of MA. if i spent my time training many katas ect maybe i would be using my time unwhisley. also...

could brain drain from knowing master lvl at a few styles make you less efficient? for example, in wing chun the stuff i've learned in my first year has become rather instinct in my response to what is thrown at me. now, what happens to this instinct if i am master at all sorts of MA's (not similiar styles), do you pause and think? do you become better at facing more situations ? maybe we embrace what we think is best and use that. hehe just rambling here....

6. bigd

bigd New Member

WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

7. bigd

bigd New Member

WHY IS EVERYBODY MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT WHY CAUSE IM 23 SO I CANT HELP IT I GOT LUCKY I DIDNT HAVE TO GO FROM DOOR TO DOOR IT WAS IN ONE PLACE **** I CANT HELP IT THAT I TOO K MY **** TO A NEW LEVEL

G IVE ME A BREAK IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING IN THE STYLES I KNOW

8. bigd

bigd New Member

YOU HAVE APOINT ON THAT ABOUT BETTER MARTIAL ARTIST THAT CREATED EARLIER YOU HAVE IT WRONG I DIDNT JUST WAKE UP ONE DAY AND SAID HEY IM MAKING MY OWN STYLE IWORKED MY ASS OFF FOR YEARS BY THE WAY ITS CALLED (shinobi-jutsu)

9. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Lose the caps lock, lose the profanity, lose the attitude, or lose the forum!

10. bigd

bigd New Member

am i wrong for increasing my fighting skill see when i do something i dont play games i do it im sill learning my style aint even done if you guys dont beleive me ask me any question jeet kun do is the smart thinking fighting part in my style believe me im not trying to better than anyone else i just got lucky it was all right there and i took it

11. bigd

bigd New Member

i dont have an attitude its just dude people started judging me with comments of something ive worked hard on everything is cool though man cool

12. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Alright then, bigd-san, tell us about this shinobi-jitsu art thing that you have developed.

Also, please do tell us about these 14 styles, when you took them, and for how long.

13. Andy Murray

Need to put it in a sig, but;

Don't call me Dude! :D

14. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

You're only tempting him to do it more often, du...Mr. Murray :p

15. Andy Murray

'Andy' is fine!

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yeah ok...this shinobi thing what's it all about? If you're not trying to be better than anybody then why create a new style?

Surely the only reason to create a new style is to improve on what came before?

What levels have you acheived in all these other styles. Please bear in mind if your below some outrageously good like 6th Dan in any of them you're going to be laughed at all day long ... and pobably until we get bored. By the way do you know xplasim? He's got a 5th kyu in almost every martial art ever invented. Maybe you should swap notes or something. Wasn't Shinobi a game anyway? Does mastering a game make you a real martial arts master? Think I'll go play Street Fighter II again :) .

17. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

You cannot even spell the styles how can you teach them? Looks like somone else invented it http://www.geocities.com/tukangbanting/interview_tony.html

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~apollyon/vault/Shinobi.html

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO ok not only are you a grand master at the age of 23 but you appear to have been teaching your style almost a decade before you were born!!! That has got to be the most impressive feat I've ever heard about in martial arts. Congratulations bigd your mental attunement is so great you can now break the bonds of normal space and time. I guess all that meditation paid off.

19. fogwall

fogwall New Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else has a hard time reading bigd's postings?

20. bigd

bigd New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2004