I recieved this email...

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Yin-Yang Boxer, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Yin-Yang Boxer

Yin-Yang Boxer Banned Banned

Hello all,
    Tonight, I received a mass circulated email on the subject of womens self defence, in light of the recent series of murders here in the UK. I thought it may be of interest to the people of MAP, so here it is.

Many regards,

Yin-Yang Boxer

2. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Good information.

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

This is the upteenth time this mass generated email of so-called safety self defense tips has been brought up here on the forum.

There is some poor advice being given here aside from the obvious

Read up:
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/ninetips.asp

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  4. PeterG

PeterG Valued Member

Using the recent English example, all the victims were prostitutes who presumably got into a vehicle owned by man who was was a stranger or only known to them as a previous customer. Their risk therefore was off the charts.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

:confused:

[​IMG]

6. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

Some very useful advice there, just need to include the pointer to keep a brick in your handbag to attack any would-be theif :)

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

My mum used to carry one of these little toolkits which fitted into the steel handle of a little hammer in her hand bag.

8. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

Some good info, but I think one or 2 things are a bit paranoid!! Suppose better to be safe than sorry!!

9. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

"Run from a gun weilding attacker you 'might' not get killed."

Hmm not too sure about that one.

Also i have horrible envisions of woman with no training trying to throw an elbow.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Erm...yes. TKD known for its elbow strikes. :eek:

Any list of SD tips for women that STARTS with a physical response ("elbow" them) is flawed from the start.

"ALWAYS take the lift instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot."

Yes. Get into a metal box with only one exit and doors that shut automatically. :eek:

Some absolute toss in that list.