i do tai chi and i still get sick

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Touch of death, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Touch of death

Touch of death Valued Member

i started tai chi when i seen a documentary that said monks started doing tai chi so they would not get sick, i have been doing tai chi for 2 years and i get hay fever as the seasons change, is there any chinese herbs that might help ?

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Ancient Chinese secret.

[​IMG]

3. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Kuma, that was :jester: :D :) :hat: :p :eek:: :cool: :happy::banana:

Maybe he's not rooting enough?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Whether you do martial arts or not there are going to be some days when you are going to get sick. What martial arts and other physical activities do is boosts the immune system in conjunction of a healthy well balanced diet.
    Now hay fever is caused by a reaction or a allergy to pollen or/and dust entering the nose, mouth or eyes. Hay fever just means you are sensitive to pollens and dust. Unfortunately I don't know a allot about chinese herbal medicine, but I would recommend that you go to the chemist.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. 47MartialMan

One word-

antihistamines

6. Touch of death

i don't do drugs not even the legal ones, i am looking for natural medicine

7. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Or that. :)

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

touch of death, i think you're going to die an early death

modern medicine is your friend

9. 47MartialMan

Don't fool yourself with natural medicine. It can only take you so far.

This is in likeness of religious zealots whom believe a spirtual being will protect from illness or cure their illness.

Modern medicine cannot be totally dismissed.

I read somewhere, that human life expectancy had risen over the decades because of modern medicine, in comparison to the previous centuries.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

This is a totally absurd stance. You're welcome to it... but it's ridiculous. There are many natural things out there that will kill you dead. It's not as if because it's been deemed 'natual' that you can just freely ingest it. Some of the deadliest poisons known to man are natural and organic.

Here in China there are soooooo many cases of people being killed or severely poisoned by traditional Chinese medicine due to lack of quality control... out and out ignorance of the chemical compounds involved by the practitioners and many times substances being carcinogenic or outright poisonous.

It always makes me laugh when people have headaches and flap on as a point of pride... 'Oh I don't take any type medicine'.

Morons. Plain and simple. Seriously... educate yourself and stop living in hippy fantasy land.

11. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

The thing that puzzles me is how do you get an unnatural medicine?

The Bear.

12. Touch of death

13. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

[​IMG]

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Vitamin C pills aren't unnatural. They are just extracted natural products. In fact alot of our medicines are just the extracted active components of those found in plants and animals. Therefore you can accurately measure the dose required to safely medicate.
    Whereas if you take a raw source then you have alot less control over dosage and contaminents.

The Bear.

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

16. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

17. Touch of death

look i don't care what is and isn't natural, dose anyone on here no anything about chinese medicine that might help.

18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Keep your hands clean and don't kiss strange women.

19. Omicron

Omicron is around.

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong...

20. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Yes, ground tiger penis doesn't actually make you irresistable! Worst £20 I ever spent. Jagermeister worker much better BUT the good news Jager is HERBAL!

The Bear.