Hyung Variations...

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Spookey, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Dear All,

I am interested in hearing your input concerning some specific movements in renditions of the Chang Hon hyungs.
    Below, I will list a few very common differences, and would like the insight of others in expressing where these variations came to be so prolific!

1. Mountain blocks executed in a vertical motion in Toi-Gye as opposed to "W-shaped Blocks" executed in a horizontal motion.

2. Jumping from the left leg as opposed to jumping from the right leg for the flying side kick in Chung Moo.

3. Movements 4 & 6 of Kwang Gae preformed at 45 degrees as opposed to on center line.

4. Turning clockwise on movement 10 of Kwang Gae.

There are others, but these are the most common I can think of as relates to the geup rank hyungs.

Tae-Kwon!
    Spookey

2. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

points 1-3 are how the movemnets are shown in hee il cho's books.

3. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Thank you sir...

I notices it in Cho Hee Il's videos, also I know all of the above to be the prescribed motions for the American Taekwondo Foundation, who's founder is a die hard Chung Do Kwan 9th Dan.

Also, there are versions of the ITA (alliance) that use these technical differences in their rendition of the Chang Hun hyungs (although they have been heavily altered in most all areas!)

Tae-Kwon
    SPKS