Hypnosis

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by wayofthedragon, Oct 15, 2003.

1. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

This is concerning hypnosis and martialarts. I was just wondering do you guys really think it is possible to use hypnosis to make some one good at martial arts. Hey, it is said so as a man thinks, so is he:D Anyway. Just wondering. I saw an article or something on that once saying Hypnosis was used for this. What are you guys take on this? As for me, I'm for that good ole fashion trainin'

2. jonsku

jonsku New Member

"The only place where success comes before work is dictionary"
    Back to the dojo! :D

jonsku

3. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I think hypnosis might only be useful in enabling you to better use skills you already have, if you have some sort of emotional block going -- I can't see it giving you skills you don't already have, so, yes, back to the dojo and train!

4. Chris J.

Chris J. Valued Member

Hi,
    I have seen hypnosis used to help relax someone prior to a test. The person had been a basket case and totally tense. The hypnosis really did relax him and he did quite well testing. But that is probably the only good application of it and I would much prefer simply being confident and testing without such artificial means.

-Chris J.

5. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

I will not comment on this subject without actually trying it.

NLP (neuro listic programming) could be of benefit to your training I think if it works... I think KickChick mentioned scuba divers have programmed their breathing with NLP.

6. wayofthedragon

You are getting very sleepy. When I clap my hands you will wake up and won't remember anything. You will be the greatest martial artist in all the world.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

7. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Hypnosis, perhaps not. Visualisations of performing techniques correctly can apparently improve your skills though - like those imagining exercise get a slight increase in performance, even if not nearly as much as actual training. the combination of two may be beneficial.

Jack

8. bearhug

bearhug Valued Member

I am not sure about hypnosis, but visualization can be quite helpfull in honnihg a difficult technique.

Just close your eyes and imagine yourself performing the technique in as many details as possible.

This method has been used by US olimpic team athlets

9. bearhug

bearhug Valued Member

Sorry Jack,

You where first:mad: :p

10. wayofthedragon

But can't you have people visualize while they are under a hypnotic trance??? maybe that could work. Instead of going to a school, go into a hypnotic stage and visualize your training. What do you guys think about that.....

Oh by the way jack and bearhug....I agree with you, just being inquizitve:D

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

People can visualize while under hypnosis (yes, I've done it). You can also visualize while doing meditation, without the need for hypnosis. You can also learn to hypnotize yourself (yes, I've done this too); this may or may not be easier than meditation for some people.

12. bearhug

bearhug Valued Member

Of course, You can visualize instead of going to the class :cool:

However, there is one little thing: you have to know pretty well the mechanics and dinamycs of a technique, otherwise you will not be able to imagine it correctly.

This method is agreed to be more useful for impoving what you already know instead of learning a new skill.

13. Jack

Jack Valued Member

This is a very interesting subject though, how hypnosis and other mental states and practices can have an effect upon a phyiscal performance.

14. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

"You will make a video in your basement and the entire Internet will laugh at you..."

http://www.talker.com/john/mov/starwarskid/star-wars-kid-orig.wmv

15. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Exactly the example I was gonna point to.

16. sifutaylor

sifutaylor New Member

sifutaylor owner director DRAGON GATE tempal and kung fu school perth western austra

i am 47 years old and have been doing kung fu since 1970,, trainned with the lacey brothers in the 70s , who trained as kids and mates with bruce lee, i have used hypnosis now for 30 years, i am the only one in australia to be accredited a honors degre in hypnosis,,and i get all my fighters the best results from themselves with hypnosis,, i can take a kid thats never done a martial art and make him a master of most weapons and most moves with my techniques in any martial art,,in a much shorter time than any other training or trainer could,, , if you wish to see me on this or bring any one to me that wants the shortest way to become a master. email me and fly down here, for my course,,,,,or discuss this. please feel welcome sifutaylor,,,,,,,,,,,,<outside contact request removed - Aegis>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2006
  17. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Quick warning: you WILL get a lot of flak for this post if you keep it up!

18. sifutaylor

sifutaylor New Member

From Sifutaylor ,, Why Will I Get Flack,, And If I Do Isant What This Forums All About,, I Study Kung Fu, To Defend My Self, Not Run From My Beleifs,,im A Stand Up Guy Who , Speaks What He Knows, And Thinks. Thats Why Im A Sifu,, And Thats What I Teach,, Maby Your Learning From The Rong School . Try Hypnosis, To Help With Your Fear Of Flack,

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It's time to wake up now sifutaylor. When you wake up, you will be able to type proper sentances again, with proper punctuation....

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Are the misspellings, needless capitalizations, misplaced ellipses, and redundant commas put there to hypnotize me?

Seriously, was this even typed by the same person as the last "sifutaylor" post?!