Hungry aikidoka's......

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by St Matt, Feb 11, 2013.

1. St Matt

St Matt Valued Member

2. aikidoka-je

aikidoka-je Blue Floral Belt

Very interesting. He must have had some good quality training.

Many people dislike Aikido because it looks like magic to those who don't understand the mechanics.

Stories like these help to prove Aikido's effectiveness.

3. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Does he still study? The post mentioned as a teenager.. Does your Aikido teach knee kicking?

4. aikidoka-je

I don't know about others but my old Aikido group taught Knee-Kicking (Hiza-Geri) as a part of the Uke-development program.

Students where trained to use attacks at various levels of fierceness according to their partner's skill level.

5. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Does your current group, or have you stopped training?

6. aikidoka-je

Since moving to Florida I have not joined another group but I still practice the Aikido every day.

7. Aikidojomofo

Aikidojomofo Valued Member

it's not part of the curriculum but I have been taught it. It's just about using atemi to seize an opportunity, distract uke or give their balance that extra nudge

Very useful when someone is really resisting a Nikkajo

8. St Matt

St Matt Valued Member

Or you dont want to let go of your chips ;)

9. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

They don't really mention anything about his Aikido use. But they mention he trained as a kid and make a big deal of him not dropping his chips... that's journalism for you: makes for a more interesting story.

he did actually get stabbed though and is lucky to be alive, so glad for him and his family that he survived. :star:

10. mattt

mattt Valued Member

If I had eaten all the chips in the car before I got home there isn't a Martial Art in the world that would stop Mrs Mattt from kicking my greedy backside. Sharing is Caring!

11. Sore Knees

Sore Knees Valued Member

I don't think kicking people in the knees requires training. sad that those scum bags ended up stabbing him. going home and eating your chips seems a little macho to me, if I was stabbed in the chest I think I would go to hospital to be on the safe side.

hope the little rascals are caught and charged for this offence though.

12. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

13. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

I dunno man... have you eaten cold chips?? That's a fate worse than death.:D