How to feel chi

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by nzric, Jul 22, 2003.

1. gerard

gerard Valued Member

No worries. :)

2. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

I can feel it immediately when i want it. Ive been able to since i was very little. I can feel it very strongly.

3. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Argh, be careful if youve never done it before, my friends warned me about drawing or releasing to much energy your first time, and i didnt listen, they told me i would have alot of backpain. I didnt care and went ahead and tried to feel as much as i possibly could all at once, and after i was done, i had so much backpain i could hardly stand . heh, it was kind of funny.

4. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hello moderators, it would be excellent if a anti-troll program could be installed in the software in order to avoid stupid posts like the ones just above mine.

Bloody trolls, they are everywhere, growing like mushrooms :)

Regards.

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Please ignore any posts that you think are trollish. If posters cross a certain line into true troll-dom, then mods will step in.

6. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Thanks for that and for bringing up my 'yang' impulsiveness, which needs to be tamed as a wild horse. Sorry.

7. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Excuse me. I'm 14 years old and I get taken the **** out of because of...now which one shall I cite first...
    1. I take an interest in politics, social and global issues.
    2. I talk with a sophisticated manner using long words which no one understands. I don't consider them long words, but everyone else seems to, except for some fellow MA'ists older than myself, which says a lot.
    3. I have no desire to wear 'cool' clothes like everyone else.
    4. I have no desire to indulge in moronic so-called 'cool' activities 'like everyone else'. These include making prank calls to sexually attractive males, drinking, smoking, knocking on doors and running away, firing pellet guns around and generally indulging in thoroughly distasteful and anti-social behaviour.

You could say I have the desire to be 'non-conforming.' Are you going to put this down to hormone imbalances? I do it for a reason, not because my veins are asurge with hormones. I do it because I find much of what comprises youth culture mindless, childish and distasteful. I do it because people are bullied for not conforming and I believe it is high time someone spoke out against mindless conformity. Lastly, much of my non-conformity is not an unnatural act. I do not decide to be different - I have merely refrained from conditioning myself to become a 'normal' or 'cool' person. Having the desire to be different is not synonymous with having raging hormones. Please, for the love of God, grow up and stop making sweeping generalizations. I am a teenager and I know better than to make sweeping judgements like this one, so an adult should definitely know better.

8. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

As innapropriate as the original comment was, I think you're taking it out of context. What was said was in reference to a specific person (albeit in a derogatory manner) and wasn't meant to be a generalization (at least that's how I read it). It's a shame that people have to be ripped apart for their personality and their social choices...

9. Stingrae789

Stingrae789 Valued Member

shotokanwarrior ur like me i dont participate in those teen activities because i am COOLER then all of those suckers :D and i also have a good vocabulary, except ppl spend more time focusing on my accent then how i talk :( *i hat my accent been made fun of*

10. serious harm

serious harm New Member

Perhaps what adults consider anti-social, is in actuality pro-social in the kids social world. Maybe? The way I view it is, whatever works to be cool, that had better be me, or my younger siblings. But what this person says about themselves and conformity, is actually true. Being a loser is not a "teenage", or "hormone" thing., there's alot of loser adults, probably more than kids. But guess what? TImes change, and what was hated 5 years ago can be cool now.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  11. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

I understand your point but try not to be arrogant. ;)

12. Stingrae789

oh yeah i was in a rush ;) I meant to add the comment about the fact that i have always felt a tingling sensation in my hands for a long long time :-S kinda freaky then i did a reiki course (dont understand how one minute i know nothing and 5 hours later i am supposedly abble to heal ppl) anyway i must go to beD :D i have to wake up and do some early morning training as i have done none all week thanks to getting a sore throat last sunday after kung fu and a mcdonalds meal :S i am never eating mcdonalds but i really like mc flurrys :( (well maybe i will keep to mc flurrys :D but nothing with else with an evil M)

13. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

the evil mutinationals eh!? :D

14. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Hmm I have only practise TKD for about one year... should I try this??? I don't get what you mean by rotate my arms/hands...

15. shotokanwarrior

Finally, someone understands. I don't think you are arrogant at all, Stingrae. When some young people behave the ways they do it is very hard not to start feeling that you are superior, above them, better than them, etc. And really, aren't you? Surely if you have the strength to resist the heavily-clichéd 'peer pressure', stand up and be different, speak out against people who treat others immorally (well that's a bit strong I know, I'm talking bullying adolescents who ostracize nonconformists - not big stuff like Al Qaeda, dictatorships etc.), that means you are a better person than someone who is 'normal'?

16. Stingrae789

Normal isnt possible when we are all so different. But i think that peer pressure is what hurts me the most*I hate finding out somin strange*usually drugs related* but i dont think being COOL is so essential if i could i would practice my forms at school *because 90% of the free time is boring as heck* but i cant because it is not COOL and i would get alot of people wining at the top of the voices or mimicing fist of fury. *excuse my poor spelling and punctuation* Anyway back on topic; I was going to try this but then it was COLD as usual for england and i couldnt be asked to get a pair of sucks from my room while my step sister was playing on my computer :(. But no more excuses. I wish i had more free time to train i barely ave time to practice my forms let alone working on my nunchaku.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  17. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

I tried it in my very first tai chi class and it worked for me, I mean "rotate your hands" like you're rolling a ball of dough/meatball between your hands (I've just been to the supermarket) but where your hands are about a foot apart.

Stingrae789 & shotokanwarrior - peer pressure can be a hassle but stick to what you really believe and keep your self respect. The guy who's picking on the weaker classmates at lunchtime to prove he's "cooler" will probably be packing your groceries in five years.

18. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

So what dod I do??? Roll the ball from one hand and catch it with the other? I can't feel anything yet...

19. shotokanwarrior

Or mopping a public lavatory. I actually gave up school because of being bullied by 'cool' people...I'm determined now to become a famous heavy metal singer so they can all be jealous.

20. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

For the record, you remind me of myself at that age. Actually, you remind me of myself at my age as well. Unlike my fellow college students, I don't like to go out drinking every night, then throw up in the elevator upon returning home, hook up with and have sex with random people, talk about all the stupid airheaded things that most people "discuss" (and I use the term loosely), and wear only the most expensive/cool clothes.

A bit of encouragement, though - by my junoir year of highschool, a lot of the things that people hated me for when I was younger were what really impressed them, and made them like me . My ability to play the piano and sing, give excellent speeches, my subtle sense of humor (as opposed to farting and sex jokes), and my knowledge of science, as well as other things were treated as good and impressive qualities, rather than things that made me inferior.