How to beat someone stronger than you at the same weight? (Muay thai)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Maryreade1234, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Maryreade1234

Maryreade1234 Member

Hey so im in thailand and im gonna fight. However the rules over here mean that as a trans woman you have to fight men. Iv had one fight against another women, and didn't seam like I dominated, so can probably assume that im on the same level as a bio women strength wise. So I will mainly be competing against other women.

But rules are rules and I do want to fight in thailand cos well fighting in thailands an experience, but have to fight a man, but I may get lucky and get matched with someone who isn't really a fighter, a lot of taxi drivers sign up for fights to make extra money for example. So is it just gonna be a hard fight? Is kickboxing more of a skill based sport as apposed to strength based?

2. ned

ned Valued Member

So you're hoping for the chance to beat up a novice taxi driver who's desperate enough to try and make a few bucks to feed his family ? - classy.
    You're not much different from the other rich Westerners who go out to Thailand to exploit the locals in the sex industry.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

There are 4 kinds of fights you can take in Thailand. One is against a foreigner similar to you (best option). Or you could fight a thai which will go one of three ways: You get a good thai and get ruthlessly merc'd. You fight a taxi driver which honestly depending on their experience could be competitive. Or there is a good thai who is there to take a dive.

I'd say fight a foreigner if you can.

axelb, Monkey_Magic and Dead_pool like this.