How many here actually do martial arts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tom pain, Sep 29, 2004.

?

So do you?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    95.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Just out of curiosity, how many of you here actually do martial arts? I don't, but I come here to learn more and absorb some wisdom, that's why my main fourm is Health and Fitness - anyway else seems all greek to me. :p

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Not as obsessively as I once did (I got a life) but yes - I do :)

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Um, ya, I do. I average 3 trips a week to the dojo.

4. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

No, I just happen to take a math class called "Wado-Ryu...". And all the equations are katas, and the word problems are techniques, and sleeping in class is called "sparring." :p I also take other classes, which I call "Other Martial Arts/Cross-Training."

5. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Yep, about 4-5 times a week depending on my work schedule

6. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Hey...watch'a tryin' to say? :woo:

7. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I do!
    CLF 6 - 7 hours per week on average. Eskrima 2 - 3 hours, and I recently added a weekly hour of BJJ to my schedule.

8. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I do, generally from 4 to 6 classes a week. I'm not taking classes at this moment, because of a knee problem, but I hope to get back soon.

9. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Yes.

No.

I'm on hiatus for a couple months.

Sorta.

[​IMG]

10. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

psh i wish i could ditch my life and just do MA all day.... its my only releaf from work and school... and sleep.

ya i think its just a little silly to go to MARTIALARTSplanet and not do MA but im not trying to judge...
    have u considered starting?

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

No, I had to quit due to lack of $$. I have a job now, and with school on top of that, it'll take some organizing of my time. Trying to get my schedule together and less hectic than it is now. Looking at starting again in maybe 2-3 weeks time.

PL

12. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Yep I do 2 days a week for now but am hoping to find the time to step it up to 4 days.

13. pinkpsycho

pinkpsycho Valued Member

I do :love: ! I want to start more eventually but for now I'm not ready to start a new one. ;)

14. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

I do TKD 3 to 4 times a week (usually 3 - Mon, Wed, Fri). I would love to increase it, but with a wife and child I just have to sacrifice TKD classes. I think I will add a sparring only class to my schedule though, and I might try going in on the weekend as well.

15. trinitymatrix

trinitymatrix New Member

Oh yes.

I go to 3 classes a week. I'd go to more if I could fit them into my busy schedule.

*Pondering on how several people have said they would do more if they could.....is MA addictive?*

16. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

MA is not addictive...I could quit if I wanted!!!

I just dont want to...uhum... :D

17. GeeniusAtWurk

GeeniusAtWurk Valued Member

i do class at least 3 times a week, but i work 40 hours a week and go to university with a full load, so its hard to do any more. would if i could tho! like the other dude said, its my break from work/school.

18. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

MA's not addictive, it's just a lot of fun. I love sparring, it could possibly be my favourite "sport", and hitting heavy bags, while a bit dull, is still a wicked experience.

19. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Does kicking people in the head count? In that case I do martial arts too, and have been for six months now!

20. firesprite

firesprite Irate Pirate

Yup. 2 times a week, though can't often coz of work :mad:
    though I'm thinking of taking up another one soon as well :D