How far is Qigong taking you?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by gerard, May 21, 2004.

?

How far is Qigong taking you?

1. Sorry, haven't started yet

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Good physical and spiritual development

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Good physical development, however spiritual work is lagging behind

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I got stuck

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

I can definitely relate to that-- sometimes I feel like my wife and I aren't communicating in the same way we used to for just that reason. I have found that compassion, patience, and focus on my own practice have been in order on many a hard occasion. I suppose its all just part of the path.

2. gerard

gerard Valued Member

That's the way Hwardo. And that's in line with Buddhist philosophy:

Don't be attached to anything in this world (including people) because it's irrelevant for the next.

Regards.

3. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

A couple of days after posting on this (ie start of July), I began a proper regime of qigong practice every morning and I'm surprised with the results already.

All I'm doing is "lifting the sky" as described in a Wong Kiew Kit chi gung book I bought (I checked the web and there are loads of variations of this). He says do it 10 times a day for 3 months and be amazed. So that's what I'm doing. I have discovered levels of energy I never thought I'd ever see: I've become positively bouncy. My days seem longer and I've been very active.

In this same few weeks, my kung fu skill went up a level as I accessed the hidden short power of my style for the first time - 6.5yrs looking and suddenly it's there. I believe lifting the sky did something to my body's alignment to allow this power out of its cage.

Rgds,
    David

4. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Congrats! Keep at it-- the results just keep getting better as you clear more blockages. The level of physical sensitivity and body awareness I have now compared to a year ago is unbelievable, and I haven't been sick since I started practicing. It just keeps getting better.

5. Kat

Kat Valued Member

This can also be used as an excuse for not encountering confronting issues in the Here and Now.Those that truly follow this type of practise usually limit there exposure to situation,foods,experiences that may unbalance them.But more then not its the former.

6. creamcheese

creamcheese New Member

Qi Gong. (Chi Kung) Well there are, I'm sure, about 1000 different forms of Qi Gong.
    I practice one which goes specifically with our Kung Fu style. I try to practice twice a day, or at least once a day (conditions permitting). This has been for 7 years.
    I believe it has helped me tremendously, especially with internal power with the Kung Fu, with balance, and also life in general. One particular thing I noticed physically is that when I first started training Kung Fu, for the first two years, sometimes, my forearms would be black and blue (literaturally) from the "arm strengthening exercises" we did with a partner. However, since that time I can do these exercises with the strongest of guys and never get a mark. My Si Gung says it's because I practice Chi Kung (Qi Gung). Chi Kung is very good for health in general, vitality, youthful appearance. It has many other health benefits and helps one to get through the many difficulties and problems we face with life in general. I recommend it for any mature person but certainly not for kids.