How far have you been from home?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Brad Ellin, May 12, 2006.

?

How far have you travelled from home?

1. Less than 100 miles

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. 100 to 500 miles

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Outside of your own country

38 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Outside of your own continent

28 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. Other side of the ocean

58 vote(s)
    18.3%
  6. Other side of the globe

170 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Well, how far? Anybody else spend half their life travelling?

What's the farthest you've ever travelled and why?

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Don't know which is further from Glasgow Belize or South Africa but served in both in my time in the Army.

3. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

Travelled from Montreal to Orlando (a grueling 26+ hours non-stop car trip each way). Was nice, the temperature is hellish and Universal theme park is overrated. Disney World was nice, though; especially Epcott.

Also; what is freaking wrong with that country?!?!?!?!? I was freaking 18; I SHOULD be able to get a beer anywhere I want to! With the ridiculously high temperature, it was TORTURE to see all those sweating bastards with their cheap plastic beer cups! These bastards don't even know real beer; why can't I appreciate it?!??!?!?!?!?

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

England to Japan, first time training at Honbu last year. Before that Turkey on Holiday, before that monthly trip to France.

:)

5. EndlessNerd

EndlessNerd Valued Member

Grew up with an US Air Force dad, been all over Asia :)

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I have been to the Middle East and Asia numerous times. Saru1968 mentioned Turkey. I have pretty much done the lenghth of Turkey over land. Loved it there. Taiwan was great and I'd love to go back to Thailand.

7. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

Got outside my country for few times. Looking forward to see something else than Europe :D

8. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Well, I'm actually living outside of my own country now (originally from Germany)but I spent 14 yrs. of my life living in Belgium before moving here. As for travels, I've been to Egypt, Marocco, Israel, Malta, Menorca and for my last big trip to South Africa.

Christian

9. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

Im not really a traveller but i've been to my home country Korean a few times.

10. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

From here : Nevada

To here : UAE

Did the Navy thing during the Persian Gulf War. Gulf War

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  11. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Gee, I forgot to list my own.

US Air Force for 12 years - East to West Coast USA, North to South border USA, El Salvador, Nicaragua (can you say Contra?), The Caribbean, Panama (Noriega), Grenada (first plane in during the invasion), England, Germany (2 years stationed, numerous TDYs), Turkey (2 years), Italy, Spain, Romania, Holland, Belgium, Greece, France, Israel, Fantasy Island (yes, there really is a place).

Lockheed Martin - 8 and a half years total in Saudi Arabia

Been to India about 7 times. Should be going back next month.

Currently travel back and forth to Luanda, Angola. About 10 out of every 30 days.

Hope to go to Japan soon. Will probably get a chance to go to China due to work.

12. jonnymac007

jonnymac007 New Member

The farthest I have travelled.

The farthest I have traveled from home is to Kagoshima,Japan. I am originally from Gloucester MA and moved to Kauai, HI. From Kauai I flew to Tokyo and from Tokyo to Kagoshima. I will hopefully have some pics up soon. Nice to be here @MAP. ~Jon

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

I've only left the continent. But in a month I'll be on the otherside of the globe, so maybe I should have waited to answer the poll.
    Woops :)

14. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Um, at the risk of sounding like a travel bore....most of Europe, Morocco, Western Sahara,Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Jordan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia & probably some I've forgotten!

Last Epic trip was from India to Indonesia by motorbike, which took one year, one Enfield 350cc and a Chinese 'Tiger' 400cc.

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

i went to new york for the first time recently and that was really cool, but i think the furthest i've been is cuba

16. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

None of those fit me! I was born in Wash DC and traveled to Mississippi one summer. I currently live in Fl. Both are well over 500 miles but not outside of my country. So I have my own category! :D :Angel:

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

The farthest I've been is around 20 miles out of the UK - 20 miles south of the Irish border :p

Went to Dublin but it was closed so I went back to where we were staying in County Cavan :D

Voted 100-500 miles, with it being around 300 miles each way (Co. Durham to Stranraer in Scotland, over to Belfast then cross-country).

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  18. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Very brave ANTH, very brave! :D

19. BUDDHA22

BUDDHA22 New Member

the farthest ive been is probably hawaii to visit jonnymac007. ive been to canada(hurray), and mexico(TJ) but hawaii was a whole other world.

20. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I've been to Canada and Mexico numerous times and I've traveled to and from many of the western states by air, car, bus, train and I've even done the cross country hitchhiking thing (highly not recommended). I've traveled some routes so often I think I could navigate them while sleeping (and in some instances I may have).

The farthest east I've been is Cleveland, Ohio and my most traveled to states are WA, CA, IL, MI, WI, TX, MN.