how aikido blends with your life???!!!

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by ziseez, Jan 29, 2004.

1. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

me and some other people was in our weight room at shcool and one guy grabbed a wooden paddle and hit me hard with it,and then i grabbed it he said"you know ill get it from you im stronger then you"which he was because he is the strongest person at our school and i said "strength doesnt matter"he tried to twist it out of my hands and all of a sudden i remember a aikido move(th second grappling move),and next thing you know his arm is tilted back and he was on his toes and i was right behind him facing forward with the paddle in my hand and my other hand had his arm.coincidence?tell me yaw opinions please

2. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

oh yea i forgot to add also but the guy is 3 years older then me

3. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Very good, just make sure his buddies aren't around :p

4. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

i hear that :)

5. Amakasashi

Amakasashi New Member

aikido isn't about strength because if it were then I couldn't do it lol, i am glad you are ok after that fool attacked you and by the looks of it the situation couldn't be avoided, just don't be too hasty to get into a fight, historically the greatest samurai never drew their sword they found other solutions to violence, there are a couple good stories you can find on the web I am sure, I read a few good ones, the next greatest ones are the people who never lost a battle, fighting is not the only answer in conflict. Im aikido we talk about taking the center of the individual, but there is a greater center and that is the center of the conflict, if you control the center of the conflict then there is no conflict.