hoshinroshiryu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by khafra, Feb 18, 2003.

1. khafra

khafra New Member

Perhaps this one would be better suited to the general board, but does anyone have an opinion or experience with it? Soke is Dr. Glenn Morris, who wrote Path Notes of an American Ninja Master (introduction by Masaaki Hatsumi, so I guess he's not a complete nut).

It's eclectic and a bit scholarly, students read a related book and submit a report every month.
    I like the inclusion of TCM, massage, and other such things into the curriculum, but I wish I had some disinterested but trustworthy third-party opinions on it. And where does one go for that?

Well, here, of course.

2. khafra

khafra New Member

3. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-I've never met Dr. Morris in person, but I have read all three of his books. When I first began reading PATHNOTES, I thought "this guy is a nut", but as I continued, I realized he likes messing w/ the mind of his readers. I've found that if you can get around his eccentricities, he is an author who de-mystifies a lot of the Asian mysteries or at least relates them and translates them into terms consistant with western science. As far as his system goes, while perhaps too esoteric for the tastes of some, it has been endorsed by both Dr. Hatsumi and the World Head of Families Sokeship Board, neither of which are known for giving their recommendations lightly. Finally, I used both PATHNOTES and several of the books listed in his bibliography as a start in my own inner journey. I would advise greater study than this before embarking on an awakening of your own kundalini(if you're nuts enough to go through this process), but it was my own principle guide along that path.

4. khafra

khafra New Member

How'd you guess I was nuts enough? Yes, I'm planning on some Mantak Chia as well as his other two books next time I visit Amazon.com
    Thanks for the experiential knowledge--one of the thing's I'd wondered about the Kundalini was if the strength increase was objectively measurable--Would a weightlifter's deadlift or bench suddenly go up? You seem enough a part of both worlds to actually have a chance at answering that.