Hoshin Budo Ryu Soke Rob Williams

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Silatyogi, May 30, 2007.

1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Thanks for that Silat. You say you studied Kuji with Dr Morris who did he learn it from? Also could you please elaborate on what you know about Kuji in relation to Bujinkan Taijutsu.

I'd just like to point out I wasn't getting at validity I'm just trying to see where you are coming from with regards to Bujinkan Taijutsu.

Cheers

2. Lord Spooky

LOL @ IT Geek / RPG-ing / Ninja LARPers :D :D

I think Andy's point was that the Gorin no Sho has direct a relation to the art I'm studying. Hence my previous comment about it probably having more relevance for me than it does you.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  3. Lord Spooky

As I've posted, with quotes to back it up, a number of times now the godai as in elemental feelings in Sanshin etc is not used in the Bujinkan, that originally is what the discussion about it pertained to.

4. Lord Spooky

Sounds like you've done well considering your only 30. What firm did you work for as a body Guard, just out of interest.

5. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

I do not know where he exactly got his "Japanese mikkyo" Kuji from I know he did actually train in a buddhist monestary in Japan for a short period. Also I know he knew Stephen Hayes. I should him the Tantric Mudras from Tibet and India. I do know he learned some taoist mudras from Dr. Yang Jwing ming and Chen De Wu.

each Kuji that doc taught was associated with a Chakra and an Element. And is used for both healing and manipulation of subtle energy. Also they are used to help chi flow through different meridians and Nadis. They are used like triggers in NLP or Milton erikson hypnosis.

As to how they are actually done and used I am not allowed to disclose that info here in public out of respect to Dr. Morris 's wishes with KAP and his internal energy training you would have to come see my privately to learn that as Dr. Morris taught me.

[

6. Lord Spooky

Very true I'm frequently a dumb ass! However MAP ToS does state that personal attacks are not allowed so could you please refrain from them in the future.

Cheers

7. Lord Spooky

Cheers.

I can appreciate that. I'm not really looking for how they are done more for how you see they work (for want of a better term) within the Bujinkan, again please keep in mind that this particular discussion started from your comments about Hatsumi Sensei.

8. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

9. Lord Spooky

I believe Takamatsu Sensei was said to be able to strip bark off a tree with his hands but he also got very bad joints in latter life. Hatsumi Sensei says in one of the DVDs that you don't need to train like that. We aim to still be functional in latter life.

IMO there’s not much need for whacking trees not when you can get heavy bags now. Just because a training method is old doesn't mean it's as effective or as beneficial as more modern methods.

Besides my wife likes me to have soft hands :D

10. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

My Silat teacher is almost 60, been training in traditional Silat manner since early teens, similar to SilatYogi's mentioned methods above, but alot more metal (sweeping metal staves/poles, punching steel bags, striking bearing buckets, etc). He is more flexible than I am, and is still an accomplished artist. No limited ROM, no health problems.
    Much different methods... oh, & we love the Jao! :D

11. Lord Spooky

While we're on it Hoshin as per Mr Williams ;)

What's your sword curriculum like? Is it mostly taken form the Bujinkan or somewhere else?

12. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

I'm sure he's not.....But I'm not here to vouch for him one way or the other...He was good enough to impress me when I trained...But I was also impressed by Yoda in Star Wars 2...So make of that what you will..

His Tai Chi is solid enough, and if he has people who don't like what he does he's not in a minority..But like I said, I care nowt whether he is or isn't considered the greatest Tai Chi master on this Earth...That was never my issue...Not sure why you've made it yours..

But still..It's always nice to throw flak into the path of a thread and get a derailment..And sometimes leaves do the job just as well...

Regards.

13. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

what is the difference between mister MWDAndy ( the no experience) calling me a tree hugger and a quak and me calling him a dumb ass?

14. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

these guys should see Shou Yu Liang do his training against a steel pole. And he is still "soft" yet hits like thunder & lightning. or better yet what about uncle bill's fore arm silat training against 40lb steel pipe daily??

15. Lord Spooky

Ok dropt it now! If you want to discuss this then please take it to PM. With a global moderator or admin.

Also without you knowing just what experience Andy has I think it's a bit daft to try to make unconstructive comments about him based on that.

So as you are back lets try to get the thread back on track please. Back to my previous questions, again this is just for my interest, which executive protection firm did you work for? Do you have any qualifications in this area?

I previously posted the following after you answered some of my questions on Kuji could you please follow this up as it's pretty interesting:

This is following on form what you said about Hatsumi Sensei using Kuji to cut into people and affect them. I’ll repeat again all of these enquiries of mine are with regards to the Bujinkan and your understanding of it’s Taijutsu and the Kuji that Hatsumi Sensei teaches.

I noticed you said this earlier and although I don't want to go way off topic I’d like to ask if the above means that you have been in 400people brawl and if so would you mind telling us about it.

16. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

The unconstructive one here is him not me. I have been straight forward and educating. Evidently he could dish it out but not take it. Oh well...

Sure no problem.... I will gladly share with you without saying "MYOFB" .

I worked for Rapper Jay Z as his personal Body Gaurd (that gig came through my Silat Teacher Guru Cliff Stewart www.cliffstewart.com who has 30 years of executive protection under his belt in CA with all the major industry actors and High Profiles. Whenever one of those high profiles comes into Miami I get a call). Aisha Enterprises (they represent writers and actors for international Television) I have worked as bodygaurd for them bith in FL and in Mexico. I have also worked for Realband TV (promotions & entertainment group based in Miami Fl as they bodygaurd, & concert security), My license is vouched for through a protection agency in Miami Florida and is an actual licence to work as a bodyguard & Private Investigator in the state of FL. I don't do it all the time cause the money is not as much as I make in my normal work but occasionally I still take on jobs when feasable.

Ask Hatsumi Sensei how to use Kuji...

I know from numerous folks from Buj that have seen him use a kuji and has effected someones mind or speech or movement. I will not disclose the names of the folks that saw that out of respect to them..

But since you are in the Buj Ask Hatsumi....

Sure,

I was working concert security at a National Act Post Hard Core/ Death metal Show. The Venue had over 400 attendees. I girl got punched in the face by a mosher who was fighting with another security guy. Her boyfriend started swinging and at that point someone decided it would be a great Idea to pepper spray into the air fans blowing wind to the performers. The band got ****ed and started throwing gear and actual fans got mad and started swinging next thing you know the entire room that had only one main exit and no windows and peper spray all over it became a heated everyman for himself confrontation with VERY little room to move. I managed to get one guy that got knocked out up and out of the way while dealing with 2 guys swinging and fighting at once and then it just got worse with everyone swinging and trying to grapple etc. I held my own and was not hurt although I did deliver to those dishing it out. Everything was Close quarter there was barely any room to move.
    Luckily no one had any knives or gun. Police didn't arrive till 30 min later by that time the fighting had gone outside between the band members and crowd and the owners of the venue. I stayed in the actual room after dealing with protecting myself and the other guy doing security that got knocked out and a few under age kids that where behind me and my guys that we where trying to protect so they would not get hurt. We stayed to protect the Venue' s gear from getting looted. Some gear was being jacked but if we had not been there All of it would have been gone. Needless to say I hope to never be in that sort of mess again its not a pleasant time. I would rather have to deal with 1 to 4 but not a whole room (2,000 + sq) ft full of swinging and fighting angry hardcore fans.

17. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

When would you expect someone to work as a body guard? 50 70 80?

late 20's early 30's seems like prime time to me...

18. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Most of Doc's Sword stuff was in fact Bujinkan & Musashi Strategy + his own tweaking.

19. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Actually, that would apply to when someone is in their peak physical condition. The purpose of executive/dignitary protection is to get your person to where they want to go and back, with no hassles. This often requires lots of advance work and planning. Physical confrontation is always the last option and means you failed at everything else.

Of course this does not necessarily apply to someone who is just hired muscle in which case you're absolutely correct. Apologies for the thread drift.

20. Lord Spooky

So he applied the Gorin no Sho to Bujinkan sword work?