Hmmm.....wanting to check something out

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Moony, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

Ok, i'm hoping you can help me, if this needs to be moved to another forum as i got it wrong then so be it.

Does anyone know or have any experience of "Marppio Modern Arnis" and/or "Modern Arnis Remy P. Presas International Organization"?

One of the clubs i train at has had some infor passed round about a seminar next year but lacking a location. At the moment we're all finding it a bit dubious....

Moony

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Google turned up this page among others. It looks OK, nothing screaming "dodgy" at me, but you'll probably get more knowledgable responses when a mod moves this to the FMA section

3. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

We had something similer to this Arnis posted up on another website i use. It rang dodgy to us then. And they way this guy has gone about getting involved in this club seems odd too.

Moony

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

5. tswolfman

tswolfman New Member

MARPPIO Clarification

Accually MARPPIO Is just one of A Few Modern Arnis Organiztions The Spawned After the Death of Remy Presas. This One was Founded By his Son & Family, There are 2 other organizations that i know of both of which were Founded by the people Remy Presas Desegnated as his martial art Heir's Both of Which Go by the Same Name of International Modern Arnis Federation. One Run By Jeff Delaney and the other Run By a Board of Masters Lead by Randi Schea. Hope that helps clear some things up.