Hitting a women in self defence?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Yukimushu, Jan 30, 2004.

1. CFT

CFT Valued Member

In recent history (within the last 5 years) in the UK, there have been reported cases of "gangs" of young women (teenage girls) going around attacking and even killing people.

2. walmart stocker

walmart stocker New Member

don't ever hit a women even if she hits you first ......you will go to jail if you do............

3. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

i don't mean to be sexist at all but it shocks me more to see that there are gangs of women doing that prob more than gangs of guys :eek: :Angel: :eek:

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hey, years and years ago I used to work security in a hospital, been slapped, kicked, bit, punched, hair (when I had it) pulled. I have no problems restraining or striking a woman. Fortunately for me, I had megacameras to back me up. Every charge ever leveled against me was dropped after viewing the films. On the street? I'd still defend myself, tho it would be more difficult to prove.

5. Adam

Adam New Member

For some reason or another, I've gotten into lots of fights with girls growing up, and my experience is that women as a rule really don't know how to fight properly. (as with most men, actually) I was always able to stand and let them claw away at me without them doing any real damage to me and protecting my groin from possible kicks. Either that or I grabbed hold of their wrists and let them cool down for a bit. I'm by no means a "tough guy" but most men should be able to restrain an angry woman easily.

No disrespect intended for our female MAPers :)

6. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

You cant just stand around and let a female kill you. You've got to defend yourself. But not just with females....in every situations....even small cuddley animals:love:

7. Adam

Adam New Member

Untrained females hit like girls, surprisingly. As a martial artist you should really be able to take that kind of petty punishment when she cools down.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Small cuddly animals? Like, Kittens, badgers, and Yodas?

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

If she slaps me, I'll probably just look at her. Or just block it. A slap is a swing, not too hard to block. But if she were to kick me in the nuts...

PL

10. ladyhawk

ladyhawk Valued Member

Let me start off with...

Never Underestimate anyone!

and...

Gender should not be an issue in a defensive situation!

Slapping seems to cause two reactions shock and anger. Therefore I don't use slapping as a solo technique. I see no point in antagonizing a situation making the attempt to defuse the situation with less force more difficult to achieve.

However, I do use slapping as a distraction technique to gain an advantage.

11. Jim

Jim New Member

Surprisingly is right. I was surprised when I thought this was true and it turned out not to be. Underestimation leads to unpleasant surprises...

12. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

i hit one of my female friends in the nose two days ago by mistake. didn't mean it. well .............we we're just having a towel fight thing then she went to slap me............and i just reacted........and sort of hit her in the nose.

whoops.i felt so bad.i would have laughed if it was a guy but i don't like hitting girls..............unless their seriously trying to hurt me.

13. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

I don't know............i think it's case by case. I've taught alot of male beginers who "hit like girls" and alot of girls who really pack a punch.

actually heres a notice to all other ma guys on the forum. if you have a female fiend who doesn't do MA and "punches like agirl", DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TEACH HER HOW TO PUNCH. i taught the girl iwas talking about in the previous post years ago.................and have been regreting it ever since.;) :(

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lolol :) i know a few girls with a mean punch :)

15. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i remember this story whih is true, about thi really fat ***** who was so mean and tried to littrally kill a boy and his girlfriend becuase they were there. the boy didnt want to fight so he let the girl handle it. the girl amost got her ass beat so the boy had to step in and the fat one bit the boys nipple off where after the boy was forced to beat the living daylights out of that physco.

i feel that you should avoid getting in conflicts with girls. and if they try to attack you u should try to restrain them by grabbing thier arms in a non- manhandling way ( i dunno how thats posslbe) and pray se doesnt kick below the belt

16. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Ok, a few things:

My fiancee has a mean right hook. Luckily I found that out in boxercise class, not at the receiving end. Not all girls punch like girls.

I broke a girls hand once. Not on purpose! We had had too much to drink and I made some crude comment. She went to punch me on the arm but I lifted my arm up at the same time and she punched me on the elbow. Unfortunately she had brittle bones. Some girls break easily.

Also, the first thing many girls are taught is to take a big kick/knee at a guy's groin if you're attacking him. Face it - it's pretty hard to place a kick in exactly the right place on someone's groin if they see you coming. If you were facing up against a guy at least six inches taller than you, would you start by kicking wildly at his n**s and waving open hands at his face?

17. xubis

xubis New Member

I have had this argument with many people, I will treat a girl exactly the same as a guy now. I first thought about just trying locks and stuff but have just came to the conclusion that if a girl wants to attack me she is taking exactly the same risks as a guy is. A lot of girls take advantage of the "guys can't hit girls" rule, I have been taking advantage of a few times, most girls that know me know not to try it, and they agree very strongly with how I see the situation.

18. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Whether it's a kick aimed at the groin, a fist/claw/nails to the face ... the result is the response is the same ....

evade ..... close fist .... right hand thrust into solar plexus ... she'll be too bent outta shape to fight ...

19. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Of course you need to do whats needed to defend yourself. But I'd want to avoid being labelled a women beater. Can you imagine having to explain how scarred you was that you needed to hit her ;)

20. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

Im a wrestler. Id first go for restraint. If that didnt work Id start breaking things.