highlander the series

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tel, Jan 21, 2006.

1. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

what do people think of the series?
    i personally like it, and duncan uses martial arts, which adds to the fight scenes.
    also anyone know where you can get the taped from?

2. Mrs Radcliffe

Mrs Radcliffe Armstrong Angel

The videos are hard to find but if you look on e-bay they might have them, if not the offical Highlander store i think has them, if you have a credit card there is your best place to get them.

The dvds you can buy in the U,S coz ive got season three and four,and you cant go wrong with the speacial features :D

3. Mrs Radcliffe

Here is the address for there Highlander store,www.highlander-official.com .I loved the series but the biggest mistake was raven the series,there is a new Highlander film being made with Adrian Paul in it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  4. tel

i heard there was a new fil,but can't find any details,also agree the raven was rubbish

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I love it!!! :love: Back when it was a current show it was my favorite program. I know the sword fighting is terrible (Duncan fights with a katana like Zorro and the Musketeers fight with their fencing swords), but, we overlook that. His kung fu is excellent by tv standards and gets better as the seasons progress. Tessa Noel (season 1) is the best leading-lady character I can think of on any tv show, and the flashbacks are simply great.

I'm renting season 4 from netflix.com right now. :D

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  6. jfreelancer4706

jfreelancer4706 New Member

i love that show.. i have the first two seasons.. im planning on buying the rest when i get the money.

7. Mrs Radcliffe

The new film is called The Source

8. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

For a 1980's film the first Highlander film was pretty good, then it went completely downhill from there on. I hope the next film will be done properly. The last film looked like it had alot of potential, but was butchered in the editing department.

My mom got me hooked on the TV show. At first glance I thought it was just ho-hum, but when I really started watching it was fascinating.

I'll take Raven any day over movies 2, 3, and 4. But what were they thinking with that haircut? Butch, blonde, immortal chick?

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Butch, blonde immortal chick who uses the double steel fans!

Raven wasn't the best tv show ever made, but it was better than more than a few of the movies and, well, when the H:tS jumped the shark it got ugly. Despite the presence of some good acting, I remember turning on the tv one day and saying "huh?!?"

10. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

"I was born four hundred years ago in the Highlands of Scotland. I am immortal and I am not alone. Now is the time of the Gathering, when the stroke of a sword will release the power of the Quickening. In the end, there can be only one."

Cue Queen! :D

Yep big fan here! Final episode wasn't very good IMO but loved the rest!

The last film Endgame was ok. Good to see Mac and Connor together but didn't like that whole "OOO we can't beat this guy as he's been chopping heads off all over the place"

Load of rubbish Mac alone killed three of the oldest and most powerful immortals on the planet not to mention all the other heads he took.

Never really got into Raven.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  11. tel

the guy Cristian Solimeno who plays as The Guardian is a student of bob breen's

12. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Like 'spooky', I've been a fan of the series for some time. No comments on the sword work (I was brought up with Errol Flynn / Burt Lancaster movies ;) ) but the hand-to-hand always looked good.

Unfortunately I seem to keep seeing the same dozen-or-so episodes and I know there are a few big back-stories that I keep getting glimpses of. Maybe someday in the future I'll get the DVDs and find out for sure.

I enjoyed the by-play with Amanda during the series, but I seem to be blessed with missing out on the whole 'Raven' spin off. I quite fancy the idea of tangoing along the edge of the Eiffel Tower :D (if I could get my hands on a partner who looked like that ;) )

The flashbacks do one thing - they show just how much more dramatic the changes of image can be for a female than a male by use of hair style and makeup.

13. tel

thanks for the link, found the dvd's on there. so brought the first three series :D

14. Mrs Radcliffe

Your welcome

15. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Is it expensive?

16. tel

$29.00 so thats about £15 so i thought it was really cheap, considering they are not easy to get esp in the uk

17. NeilX66

NeilX66 Valued Member

I love the show as well, first found it way back when Sky used to show it late at night, recently bought the Best of DVD collection for a stupidly low price from the production company, who were selling entire series on DVD, just checked the site and they are 29.99 dollars each, and they will ship to the UK. As somebody has mentioned the extras are excellent, especially the ones with F. Braun McNash and Anthony ÌeLongis

If yõu're kn*the UK ñnd have2digital"FX289 wcs showifg Highlander evury day qt 11am ynd 4pm,"the lasd time I:checked2they wepe on thu second0run through of mvery åpysode frçm seaso| one alþ the waû up to the end,:which tûkes 24 çeeks to¨completw, they yre showyng Blacómail toþay, wjish is ábuut mif yeason 3®

So ïhat are²everyboöies favçurite eàisodes?…

Neil

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  18. Mrs Radcliffe

The episodes that stick in my mind is in season 4 when Mac turns evil coz its funny especaily the second part

19. tel

i like the one where he finds himself in japan, where he gets his sword from also some of his ma stuff

20. Mrs Radcliffe

Another episode i thought of is when he goes back to Scotland {fiest episode season 4}