Hi Guys

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by B.A. Baracus, Jul 24, 2015.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

True, but it's never too late :). Plus the jkd will continue when they find somewhere

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Just show up? Cool if I'd known it was that easy, lol ;)

3. B.A. Baracus

B.A. Baracus Valued Member

thanks for the advice

Actually I have been focusing a lot on weigh lifting and circuit training. I have a heavy bag and I practice my basic strikes/blocks there. There isn't a school within 150miles of me right now. however I will be moving to Longview Texas soon, so if anyone knows of a good school there I would appreciate it.

B.A.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Was just about to post the same thing!

6. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Where did you train in Yoshukai? Under what organisation?

I've been training in WYKKO Yoshukai for about a year and a half, and I love it.

7. B.A. Baracus

Granbury Texas, under sensei Taylor. World Yoshukai Karate Kobudo Organization.

The thing I didn't like about it was the blocking. its all very choppy and they don't teach u any combos its all "block and go back to starting position" Then they throw me in the ring with a black belt and I get the stuffing beat out of me cause I cant block his heavy punches.
    That's why I got into wing chun because their blocking system looked more substantial.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  8. B.A. Baracus

Jeez That Olson guy looks good. Thanks A whole heap'n lot. I'll have to check that out. I cant believe you knew were Longview was

9. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Granbury is just outside of Dallas/Fort Worth, so where are you that you're so far away from MA schools? (Though I do understand if you don't wish to give your location)

10. Docholiday

Docholiday Valued Member

Boxing is even better, the idea of moving your head out of the way of an incoming attack should not be underestimated :). Wing chun offers some good principals I guess but there seems to be a severe lack of actual hard contact sparring and a strong affection for authenticity and form over function.

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod hat on - Hiya Baracus, please spell out all your words. MAP doesn't allow text speech. As in, please spell out the word "you" and any other words. See the Terms of Service for clarification.

Thanks!

12. Dead_pool

http://www.travislutter.com/Instructors/Travis-Lutter#.VbJVtPlViko

Isnt this near where you currently are?

''Produced 4 World Champions in Jiu-Jitsu in 2014
    Produced 2 World Champions in Jiu-Jitsu in 2013
    Had 3 different fighters make it on the Ultimate Fighter.
    Ultimate Fighter 4 Winner 2006.
    Fought for the Middle Weight Championship in 2007.
    UFC Veteran of 50, 52, 54, 67,and 83.
    2 Time ADCC National Champion in 2000 and 1999..''

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

BA, please review MAP's policy on masked profanity. You agreed to it when you signed up. And it prohibits things like you wrote in your experiences of blocking. Thank you.

14. B.A. Baracus

I live about 1.5hrs west of Granbury. Fort worth is 3hrs both ways. I just don't have the time...

15. B.A. Baracus

Please forgive my language. I am used to un-moderated chat rooms. It will not happen again.

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No worries. It happens.

17. Dead_pool

18. B.A. Baracus

Thanks man I"ll have to look into those. I didn't know there was anything in Abilene, like I don't even think they have a Walmart, but its been awhile since ive been there maybe its grown since then.

19. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

That's interesting. This is not the case with my dojo.

20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Fusen probably has no idea where Longview is. His internet searching skills are legit though. Has solid fundamentals.