Hey, new here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Filipmania, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Filipmania

Filipmania New Member

I think I got the right section?
    I found a link to this forum from Bullshido.. may I ask why did it ask for my gender two times in the registration... lol
    I'm a student of electrical engineering, into Anime, Music, Performing arts, whatnot

Anyway I have experience with Systema, Aikido and Bujinkan Ninjutsu(which I no longer train), I started training martial arts when I was 13
    I've got somewhat more than 2 years in Systema, a questionable amount in Aikido as I only started consistently training recently(earned 5th kyu for a 2nd time), 4 years in Bujinkan(7th kyu).

Is it just me or do the people here view Aikido in a generally better light than on Bullshido, I'm basing this just on a quick glimpse on the Aikido category tho
    Pleased to meet you all

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP!

We have other Aikido practitioners here. :)

3. Filipmania

Filipmania New Member

I look forward to talking with them and with everyone else, I did a quick read through some categories and there's a lot to look into

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP :)

5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

welcome to MAP :)

6. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome!

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP.
    To answer your question, we've had the benefit of having several aikidoka who aren't "aiki bunnies," but who actually train it as a martial art, emphasis on "martial art," as in, it's supposed to work against someone who is actually trying to hit me.

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Well nobody seems very sure what they are nowadays :p (honestly though I've no idea).

Welcome to MAP. Yeah we tend to be more accepting of traditional martial arts here, although we will call anything out that sounds ridiculous. It's also family friendly so you are encouraged to argue your point and not insult other members.

axelb likes this.
  10. Filipmania

Filipmania New Member

Thank you everyone,

aikiMac, I'm glad these people are out there, here

Pretty in Pink, Lol nothing truer did I read today
    Sounds reasonable, if someone/something is claiming magic they should be exposed

11. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Hello and welcome

Filipmania likes this.