hey hey hey, GlOvEs!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Wilson, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

Hey, how are you all, I am starting Muay Thai and Im having trouble deciding which gloves are for me.

could somone please explain the difference between: All purpose gloves, Training Gloves, and 16 Oz boxing gloves. are used for?

also, if somone could be so kind as to pick a nice pair of gloves out for a beginer
    from this site below.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1190233&cp=2057738.710957

P.S the reason im posting this here is because, im guessing you guys know your gloves!

2. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Buy 3 pairs of Gloves.

Bag Gloves
    10 oz Gloves
    16oz Sparring Gloves.

Use the bag gloves for bag or pad work, use the 10 oz for fighting, and use the 16oz for sparring.

In my opinion Twins are the best there is, conventional boxing gloves designed for normal boxing arent shaped right for the clinch.

Here ya go.
    http://www.muaythaistuff.com/muay_thai_boxing_gloves.php

If you're doing a Thai sport, might as well wear what the Thais wear.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'd say you need the 10 ozers for working the heavy bag too, if you do a lot of heavy bag work with good powerful shots, you can end up wrecking your shoulders. Also, most boxing fights will be a minimum of 14 oz.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  4. SCP_Kensei

Please read the Original post.

He's doing Muay Thai. In Muay Thai it is 8ox up to Welterweight, then 10oz for all weights upwards of that in most MT organisations (including the WMTC).

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Ahh, my bad. I shall turn my vengence upon somebody.......

Formy nicks off to find some Trolls to ban/pick on ;)

Wilson, why did you ask in the Boxing forum?

But still, if you're doing heavy bagwork, I'd want to wear 10ers if I was doing it regular.

6. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

twins or windy, both made in the same factory , but twins is more famous
    really hard wearing and top quality, look on ebay, i got mine from there from thailand :D

7. SCP_Kensei

The Muay thai Stuff sal;e is Awesome at the moment. I just got 2 pairs of Twins (1x14oz for sparring 1x10oz for competition) for £67 including delivery.

One pair was only £30.

8. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

cool thanks guys, how long does it usually take to arive at your house?

9. SCP_Kensei

My order arrived in 6 days.