help!!!!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by SB1970, Jun 26, 2007.

1. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

Can anybody recomend an internal or Kung fu teacher in the Reading Berkshire area?

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Internal, I would refer to your other thread.

Kung fu, there is a fair bit around Reading. I suggest you go to the classes and have a look as everyone will be biased to their own club/style being the best.

in and around Reading for kung fu:
    Chen Wu Kuan in Lower Earley - loddon Valley (my club :D so it goes to the top) has internal training.

Black Tiger Kung - Whitley - don't know much of this club but I believe they have internal training.

Lau Gar - Tilehurst

Wing Chun - Caversham/reading.

I saw something on Chinese Black Eagle Martial arts in Tilehurst, but investigating further as there's not much info on that.

And Jade Dragon kung fu which you have been to.

There are also a few clubs around with 'kung fu' as part of the syllabus, but I am not convinced of their kung fu experience.

3. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

Axelb

thanks for you help mate there is so much around somtimes its too much choice, as you said there are clubs with kung fu in there names and they are just gloyified kick boxing-nothing wrong with that its just not my thing
    think I'm going to look at:-
    Eagle claw-might be too much jumping about but its worth a look
    Yiquan- I know nothing about this apart from the website-got to have a look
    Black Tiger- their website is down but if I can find were that is I'll go for alook

and if i ever bump into you I'll buy you a pint :)

4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

np, glad to help out. I remember how hard it was to find a club round here with legitimate experienced teachers, I would even question the kickboxing side of the clubs that are mixed.

I have heard good things of the Eagle Claw club in Maidenhead, so worth a look if it's not too much a distance.

pm me if you need any more details on locations etc.