Hello

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Old_bean, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Old_bean

Old_bean New Member

Hi, my name is Leigh, I've been looking around the site for a while so I though I'd register and say hey.

I study Wha Duc Lung which is a form of Kung Fu based on Tibetan White Crane together with other influences such as western boxing and bits of Norther Shaolin. I have only been learning this style for 6 months and have so far passed 3 grades.

I've recently been getting interested in the philosophical spiritual aspects of martial arts. I'm currently reading "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" by Bruce Lee and "The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu" by Wong Kiew Kit. Any articles you could point me towards would be gratefully received!

I have previously studied Karate (when I was about 11) and a mixed style called Tai-Jitsu around a year later.

Thanks for reading, hope to speak to you soon.

Leigh

2. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

Hello, old bean (I feel like Johnno's avatar saying that! lol!)

Enjoy the forum, learn lots and laugh more - works for me ;)

3. Rockhound

Rockhound Valued Member

Alright Old Bean, welcome to MAP.

Where are you learning Wha Duc Lung? It's not a style I've heard of before :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That's funny, because I feel like your avatar! (Fnar fnar!) :love:

Wise words!

Welcome aboard the good ship MAP, Old Bean! :)

5. Old_bean

Old_bean New Member

Thanks guys

Yeah it's not been around very long and not very widespread. My teacher is Sifu Bob Weatherall and he has a handful of schools which he teaches at over a week.

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Welcome to MAp - happy to have you here.

7. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

You can get cream for that... err, so I heard! ;)

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Wood cream? ;)

9. Tom@Foresight

Tom@Foresight Valued Member

Hi Leigh

Tao of jeet kune do is one of my favourate books!! Will PM you with a list of other (philsophical) books!

Tom

10. Old_bean

Old_bean New Member

Cheers dude.

Yeah it's interesting to read. I find it hard to get my head around his ideas of formlessness though. Presumably you'd have to be proficient with form to begin with so that you can make the right decisions about which techniques to use etc.
    Ill look forward to the list, thanks.