Hello!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by serakmurid, Jun 9, 2005.

1. serakmurid

serakmurid Valued Member

Hello, my name is Andrew Astle. I am 39 years old and I live in Cortland, New York, USA.
    A bit about the martial arts that I do:
    I started in 1990 with Sifu Kevin Seaman in Jun Fan/JKD and Lacoste/Inosanto Kali-Silat. See his website here: www.ewmaa.com (also includes my listing there as an instructor). Also his listing here: www.inosanto.com (where he is listed as a Full Instructor in both arts).
    I was granted instructor rank in both arts in 1995 and I have taught Kali since 1993. I have taught Jun Fan/JKd since 2000.
    I briefly held (2 years) a Wing Chun Kung Fu apprentice instructorship under Sifu Francis Fong, I also taught Wing Chun for approx. that length of time, too.
    I began studying Pentjak Silat Serak under Pak Victor de Thouars in 2002. I was granted permission to teach the art in 2003. I have hosted, with Pembantu Matt Van Gorden, seminars with Pak Victor in New York. I teach Serak in Ithaca, New York. See Pak Vic's website here: www.serak.com for my and Pembantu Matt's listing as instructors.
    Sifu Kevin hosted many, many seminars during the time he had a public school and these great masters include; Ustad Guru Dan Inosanto, Master Chai Sirusute, Sifu Francis Fong, Sifu Larry Hartsell, Sifu Erik Paulson and Sifu Tim Tackett.
    That's all for now, I have Pak Vic's weekly series of Web cam classes to watch, I'll add more later.
    Selamat Horamat,
    Pembantu Andrew Astle

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  2. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Welcome to MAP...enjoy :)

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet Andrew, welcome to MAP :)