Hello to all my fellow martial practitioners!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Brian R. VanCis, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

My name is Brian R. VanCise and I hail from the great state of Michigan in the United States. I personally love to hear what other people have to offer with their respective martial systems and enjoy training with practitioners from all different kinds of arts. My bio can be found at: www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com/instructors.html
    I have been around the block and hope to hear what everyone else has to say on Martial Arts Planet!

2. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Welcome to MAP, i have found it most helpful and friendly.
    Have fun while your here, its a great bunch of guys and girls...... and a panda

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  3. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome

Nice to have you here :)

4. RandomTriangle

RandomTriangle Valued Member

Hello and welcome :)

Just curious... who did you train BJJ with?

thanks.

5. Brian R. VanCis

My main training is with Harvey Berman of Warriors Way. Since I have moved I have trained with many other fine BJJ instructors and practitioners at seminars that I have personally hosted or at their seminars or training halls. Besides Harvey I have trained with Caique, Royce, Rolker, Relson, Several of the Machados, Ken Blackburn, etc.... Most have been either in a seminar format plus private lessons. I also teach BJJ technique within my curriculum everyday. BJJ movement is dynamic and enjoyable though I teach what most would call a nastier version with more things allowed. (no sporting type restrictions)

6. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

Hello and welcome! Quite a lot of ma's you studied, nice :)

7. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Nice to see you over here.

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Welcome to MAP Brian. A small place like Alma is lucky to have someone with your background there, although it may have grown since I've been there last.

9. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Hi Brian, welcome aboard!! It looks like you have a very cool program at your school! I wish I would have known three years ago when I was living in Greenville and practicing at Sheridan and Carson City!

10. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

welcome brian and even though your from michigan ....enjoy :rolleyes: :D

11. Brian R. VanCis

Thanks for the welcome from everyone!

As to being from Michigan well I am a State fan so we are probably closer in our like or dislike of a certain team. :cool:

12. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Hey Brian,

Good to see you wandered on over from MT to hang out! You'll see a lot of familiar faces here. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

13. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

I did my graduate work at State, but I am a closet buckeye fan, so half of me is green and white, the other half scarlet and gray. If I remeber, isn't there a good chinese place in alma? Drug reps used to bring us lunch from there when I was at carson.

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Welcome and good luck

The Panda :D

15. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

Hi there Brian!!!

16. Brian R. VanCis

Yes I do see alot of familiar faces! :cool:

Hey there tkdgirl! I like the avatar as always. :)

17. Brian R. VanCis

We have a couple of pretty good Chinese places but the best ones in the area are in Mt. Pleasant. :cool:

18. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

OK Brian, like you even more now.....

19. Brian R. VanCis

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to posting here! :cool:

20. timex

timex Valued Member

Hello, and welcome! :)