Hello from the new guy

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jeff Burger, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Jeff Burger

Jeff Burger Valued Member

Hi gang
    Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Jeff Burger.
    Im originally from New York (Queens) and currently live in Boston.

I have been in the arts since I was 10 and Im now 26...still loving it.

I have trained in Karate (Kyokushin, Shukokai), Judo, Ju Jitsu (Hakkano Ryu, little BJJ), Muay Thai, boxing, various Chinese arts mostly (Mantis, Nam Kune Bok Tui / Southern Fist Northern Leg, Tai Chi, Kali some Sambo and bits and pieces from training with friends of various styles.

I have taught pretty much full time for several years. Currently teaching part time while we renivate our new full time location to be open in December 2003.

President and co-founder of K.I.C.K. (Karate Inspires City Kids) a 501c3 non profit charitable organization.
    Our goal is to make martial arts available to inner city kids regardless of their ability to pay (we are the anecdote to Mc Dojo...I hope).

Jeff

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hi Jeff,

Nice to hear about the good work your doing! :D

Welcome to the forum.

Col

3. Jeff Burger

Thanx

Great avatar btw.

Jeff

4. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Welcome....

Looking forward to your posts and insight!

5. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hello and welcome Jeff :)

Nice to have you onboard. By all means place your details on our club links and any events that crop up please put them in our calendar - people really do look at it!

It is very refreshing to hear you provide such a social service that provides target-orientating, fitness goals to the youth of today at no or very low cost. I wish this was more available and if it helps - please provide a link to your website in your signature. Thats about all the advertising we "openly" allow on this forum but please feel free to do this if you wish. :)

I personally would be interested to know about this organisation so please consider starting a journal and keeping us up-to-date. Please check out the journals already available which can be found on the Forum Page to see examples.

I look forward to hearing more about yourself and your charity :)

6. Jim

Jim New Member

Welcome aboard, Jeff. Too bad you couldn't get the referal thingy to work. I need all the referals I can... ;)

Now, about that thread...

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hi Jeff and welcome to MAP ... I am somewhat acquainted with your program... if it is the same one located in the Charlestown area (Bunker Hill) I have a friend who lives there and read about your organization.... I have also read some of your posts on another forum (your name sounded familiar!) ;)

I feel as you do that martial art schools should do community service. Our school is also involved with several of the area school districts that offer after-school ma instruction and our school does a number of fundraising activities for charitable non-profit agencies.

Looking forward to your future posting here on MAP ... :)

Good luck on the renovation and keep us posted!

8. pknox

pknox Valued Member

Welcome aboard Jeff!

BTW, with whom and where did you train Shukokai? I use to train with Sensei Bressaw at his Fords dojo here in NJ.

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

hello Jeff,

welcome to MAP, we are all glad to have u here.

looking forward to reading ur posts.

10. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Hello Jeff;

I have enjoyed our discussions on other forums. Glad to see you here and I am looking forward to your input.

11. Jeff Burger

WOW
    Thanks for all the welcomes.

I had problems logging in from home but no prob form work...hmm?

Shukokai... I did Shukokai with Kadachi and Fracchia in upstate New York.

Kick-Chick
    Who do you know in Charlestown?
    Most people are nervous about stalkers...Im actually flattered;) .

K.I.C.K. Karate Inspires City Kids
    Is a 501c3 non profit charitable organization.

There is a blurb about how it got started on our website.
    www.kidskarate.org
    Its not a good site yet...but it will be someday.

Jim did refer me to this site.

Jeff

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  12. Jim

Jim New Member

See, SEE! I want the Brownie points for that!

13. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Hey! Welcome.
    I hope to see you around!
    :)

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Tintin, SilverNo2, Fluffydoc, Spike, Timmeh!, dmiller575 and Tosh were all refered by me and I've only got 1 referal.

I want some brownie points!!! ;)

15. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

"It's not the size of your referrals that matter.... what does matter is that they come" -- "KickChick", MAP moderator with 15 referrals ;)

Jeff: ..... Just some old high school/college friends that have moved from CT to Boston area

Last edited: Oct 12, 2003
  16. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

True, true...

"YODA", MAP Admin with 16 referrals :D