Hello, board

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by splice, Sep 26, 2005.

1. splice

splice New Member

Hey everyone. I'm new here, but I am known on other martial art boards (e-budo and kendo-world, mainly). I am 26 years old and working in the IT field as a systems administrator.

As far as martial arts, I currently practice Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu under Dave Green, 5th dan CKF, and have studied under him for about 5 years. I have also practiced Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu under Iwami Toshio soke and Hyakutake Colin, and hope on day to stay a while in Japan to learn more from them.

For my other interests, I like video games, poker and computer stuff in general. I watch subbed anime fresh from Japan less than a day after it's out there. I'm still struggling to learn Japanese, but I have enough materials to help me out for a while. I enjoy reading scifi/fantasy books, and I'm currently slogging through the wheel of time series in preparation for next month's release. I really must enjoy reading, because this is the 5th time or so I reread the series, and I have very few books that I've only read once.

Well, that's me in a few short paragraphs. I hope I won't make too much trouble on the boards!

Dozo yoroshiku!

2. Takemaru-san

Takemaru-san New Member

Hi and welcome to M.A.P.I am also learning how to speak Japenese.I also love to read and watch Anime(And some Manga).I also some day hope to stay in Japan,but that day is a long ways off,but anyways welcome.

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi Splice, welcome to MAP :)

4. CDNhammer

CDNhammer New Member

Welcome, fellow Canuck......

5. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

Hello spice, good to meet you and I will look forward to talking to you later

Mike.

6. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Welcome to MAP... :)

7. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Greetings and welcome..I thought learning Italian was difficult, I can't imagine how hard Japanese must be..Happy posting...

8. dougadam

dougadam New Member

Welcome to Martial Arts Planet.