Head Kicks

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Omicron, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I recently stumbled upon this video, the UFC's Top 8 Head Kick Knockouts of All Time. As someone who primarily studies grappling, I am intrigued and terrified by the awesome power of a kick to the noggin.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gvv9urOC7s"]Joe Rogan-Top 8 Head Kick Knock Outs in UFC - YouTube[/ame]

So, what have you got, MAP? What are some of your favourite head kick videos? Got any fabulous fables of foot meeting face?

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

No-one does boot in the head like the kyokushinkai people

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exYXeMkpoCM"]"Kyokushin Karate" KO (back spin & other kick) - YouTube[/ame]

3. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Speaking of karate, I was at a tournament one time, and there where two great kicks in a row involving me, one I did, and the second was a little less fun for me :)

The first, I was sparring a shodan (I was a second or third kyú at the time) who was apparently the underbelt champion from last year. Anyway, he went for a roundouse kick to my stomach, and I blocked by kneeing him in the shin while simultaneously chamfering for a side kick, wich I then landed on his stomach. He went down and I won the fight, but it kinda ****ed of his team because his shin prevented him from continuing.

So they put me up against a third degree next, I advanced in quickly and tried to land a reverse punch to his chest, but he spun behind me, and hook kicked me in the back of the head. I went down and couldn't believe how quick he was!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Headkicks?

All Hail CroCop!

5. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

The barbosa kick (#2 in the ufc vid) is one of my favourite knockouts ever . . .

I've used my TDK background to good effect in my jujitsu competitions, high kicks are never trained, and tbh we don't learn many defenses against head height kicks either. My first ever comp I was Orange Belt and came up against a 2nd dan, he literally looked confused at the kicks coming at his head and didn't know what to do.

6. bosshe

bosshe New Member

Nice kick there