Have you got any tattoos?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dave Rees, Dec 2, 2004.

?

Have you any tattoos?

1. Yes

50.3%
  2. No

49.7%
  1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's quite strange that my last tattoo and the next one where picked before knowing who the artist was seeing as I have a full sleeve designed around the 'return from wonderland' series.
    I might get it done one day :)

2. OselLing

OselLing Valued Member

Five, first is a bear on my right arm done at 17 in Woolwich south London, it's pretty crude. Then a Maori Tiki done in NZ by a Maori biker. Then a wild boar between my shoulders again in NZ at Famous Dave's studio in Hamilton. I had a Made in England label in the base of my spine done in south London it's a bit rough and finally on my left pec I have a enso done by Famous Dave himself at him new studio in Morrinsville NZ. Check out his site www.famousdaves.co.nz

3. Shardul

Shardul New Member

Yup, one tattoo of a lion on the inside of my left arm. It's there to remind me to Be the Lion (based on the lyrics from one of my favourite songs) and to commemorate my sensei who was the true lion (and was tragically killed five years ago :( )

Here is a slightly blurry picture of it (the 'Lest we forget' was written in marker... I was in a funny mood that day :rolleyes: )
    [​IMG]

4. Moi

:)
    Well you have too

Attached Files:

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

That your arm? Very well done.

6. Moi

No it's on the inside of my calf. It would be all hairy but I had to shave my leg for the lovely lady :)
    Tinkerbell, with all the UV ink above is on my arm. I'm saving the other arm for a sleeve

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  7. Moi

Happy Halloween!

Attached Files:

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Did you ever get that Lady Kickboxer tattoo Moi?

9. Moi

No this was just something to do on my leg of rats to cheer myself up. That needs thought and I'm hoping an artist that can combine a kickboxer and a dragon in a clever way?
    It's on the list but I need to finish this rat leg before I do anything else inky :)

10. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

I have couple, thinking about getting a 3rd one soon. Ever since taking the first one (I was 15), i've had constant need of having more :D But I guess its familiar feeling for lots of guys who gets tattoos. Sometimes I think one of my tattoos is bit misunderstood. Sometimes people make wrong presumptions of me I think based on it. Nothing horrifying or that negative, but still wrong :)

11. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

just my wedding ring. that's all i need

12. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Got my second one about 3 weeks ago now. Both sides of my ribs are now done. I loved the feeling of getting them there. I have some other ideas, but there's a fine line between a classy set of tattoos and just trashy trailer park looking.

13. Moi

I think quality is the word you're looking for. All tattoos are subjunctive

14. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Well, I mean where they are placed... do they all have some sort of theme that runs together or are they just sporadically placed (which looks stupid to me)? Is it the same thing that everyone else gets, etc etc. I think about what I'm going to get for months and months before I ever go to an artist to talk to him about it.

15. Moi

A girlfriend used to do that but the intivals are getting shorter. You're doing it right I guess but at my age I just get them :)
    I know my shelf life is limited in getting ink so when I can I do.
    Hopefully another month should have me sorted financially as I've had a winter hobby. Then start with some more. So much skin!

16. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Can anyone recommend a good artist in Las Vegas?

I’m looking for someone who is good with color and shading, can do detail work (feathers) and uses a realistic style.

This is my base idea, looking for a slightly larger shield and better lettering on the stars.

[​IMG]

17. KLavoie

KLavoie New Member

Kanji on both wrists. Kanji on left shoulder and yin/yang on right.

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

So I'm likely going to go get stabbed by some maniac with a crazy ink pen for my birthday next week and I has a possibly stupid question. What's the best way of checking if an artist can do what you want to a high quality? Obviously I've looked at the previous works on websites of the local places but is it as simple as getting someone I know is good to draw my idea for me and taking it in them for turn into a stencil or something or is there a better way to go about it?

19. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Look at your taeget artist portfolio, see if his art reflects the specific style your looking at getting. I cant stress this enough, I dont recommend you go to an artist that specializes in realism or portraits if your looking for Japanese or New school, while he may be able to pull it off, it probably wont be as nice as someone who specializes in the style you want. Look at Cover up, cover ups are hard, an artist that can do a clean cover up can normally do a really nice clean tattoo. Meet people who have had work done by your selected artist, preferably art that has had a year or so to age, tattoos, even bad ones look awesome when they are first done. A tattoo that ages well will give you a better idea of the artists skill level, also photos can be manipulated to make the tattoo look sharper.

More importantly, make sure the shop is Clean! Make sure they dont reuse ink or needles, make sure they have disposable grips or an autoclave that all their equipment get disinfected in after every use. Make sure they disenfect seats, stools and rests after every client.

Enjoy the experience. :D

20. Moi

Have a word with the artist first. This may involve a wait :)
    What there check out his work and make a note of anything you like that's appropriate (style, colouring etc)
    Don't forget it's addictive so either go big or leave the bits that usually get big pieces on them for .....big pieces :)
    Try Facebook and if you can personel recommendation but take it with a pinch of salt. Use your eyes :)