Harry Caray SNL Skit... Hilarious!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by PsiCop, Jun 3, 2005.

1. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

This is the greatest knee-slapper I've seen all year. I recently found a link to a Saturday Night Live skit featuring Will Ferrell as the classic Cubs announcer Harry Caray. In case you don't already know, Harry was loved by a lot of people but later on he became... How do I put this? I suppose you could say he went a little bit senile. It was pretty funny because a batter might hit a ball into deep right field and Harry would say something like "Ah, a grounder to third." He had terrible vision, so he wore those giant glasses. He would also sometimes have guests and he would bring up some weird conversations and questions out of nowhere. It was pretty funny.

This skit is making fun of him. He's a host on a show that talks about space. In this sketch, Jeff Goldblum plays an astrophysicist who is the guest on the show. The crazy things that Harry Caray bring up are hilarious. I could barely breathe the first time I saw it. The file is about 50 megabytes, so if you don't have high speed it could take a while to download. If you do, then it should play in Windows Media Player. There's no bad language or anything like that.

Here's the link: http://www.culdesacgroup.com/Movies/SNL - Harry Caray - Space the Infinite Universe.mpg

You may need to right click and "save as".

2. Greg

Greg Valued Member

Pretty big file, I'll check it out tomorrow.

My favorite SNL skit is the one about cork soakers. They had an Italian accent, so when they kept saying "cork soakers," it sounded like something else (I'll leave it up to you to guess).

Oh, if you do download that clip, be sure to erase your temp folder right after you watch it.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Will Farrell is underrated. His comedy is kind of simple, but hey, it makes me laugh.