hardest kicks

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by F-1, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Zen TKD Warrior

Zen TKD Warrior New Member

My point about "flying kicks" exactly. When I'm in class, I never use these kicks for sparring. Others do, and as you stated, "don't time them correctly". Also, because of the "running" that is involved, they are all telegraphed. I like distance between me and my partner, but too much and I know what is coming. I've sparring with low ranks all the way up to a couple of Masters and only found a couple of people that would think of using a flying kick.

In class, learning these types of kicks are fun and in forms look very cool, when done correctly, not just a bunch of flailing about. I started TKD for the self defense aspect. I would never think to use a kick that takes both feet off the ground or use a kick to the head. Too risky, as stated earlier. My ground game ain't bad, but it ain't great.

2. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Zen

Dear Sir,

First in regards to the Two direction kick. I was stating that to be in my personal belief probably the hardest kick technically to preform!

Also, may I reference your comments regading jumping kicks (ie. reverse turning kick) and their ability to land you "splatted on the ground"...one thing I would like to point out. When you preform your roundkick you have a stabalizing leg, breaking that stabilization would equal you splated on the ground...now with a jump kick where both feet leave the ground there is no stabilization point to be broken. Also, impact substained in midair is less than that substained while planted on the ground (you have less physical resistance against the blow. Finally, it is very hard to get a focused shot on a rotating target as the movement prompts blows to roll of as the target is not stationary!

Just my thoughts on the matter!

TAEKWON!
    Spookey

3. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

360 backflip kick.
    To the head.
    No run-up.
    Pushing off a straight leg.
    While crouching.
    With cold muscles.

4. Zen TKD Warrior

Zen TKD Warrior New Member

You are correct in that "When you preform your roundkick you have a stabalizing leg, breaking that stabilization would equal you splated on the ground". When sparring and using the round kick, I way I learned it, is done facing your opponent. I like facing my opponent. When I do, I can see what he is doing and preparing to do. If I throw a round kick it is because he is in an open position and it works to my advantage. Only if I am slow or over extend do I place myself in a position to "go splat".

You also make my point about "flying kicks". You said -

now with a jump kick where both feet leave the ground there is no stabilization point to be broken.

Again, this isn't a troll. I want to learn to defend myself from the "bad guys". I want to use strikes and kicks that, at the least, open a window for me to retreat. Yes, spinning back kicks can be powerful. Yes, two direction kicks are probably the hardest to learn and perform. Yes, in the class setting they are fun to learn and, for some, fun to use in sparring. No, I would not use them in sparring or real life. Doesn't mean they aren't good or bad.

Also, I think most here would agree that any kick is only as powerful as the person who delivers it.

5. Yoo Shin

Yoo Shin New Member

IMO hardest hitting kick would be the step through spin side kick. Hardest to perform would have to be the butterfly twist or "b-twist". 540s can be tough at first but once you get past being afraid of the landing, your good to go. After that, it's how high can you get.

6. utkdjoe

utkdjoe New Member

this boi said it all junche is the hardest form ive ever done

7. ToRNaDo LorD

ToRNaDo LorD New Member

Run jump back swing or hook kick.

8. ninjas-r-us

ninjas-r-us I sit under your tea

in my infantnt wisdom of 4 mounths

hardest:perfect fast kick....it works....its just not right

hardest hitting: ph33r3 (fear) my steping turning side kick...i messed that guy UP