hardcore JKD

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by TheMachine, Feb 5, 2006.

1. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Just wondering if anyone on this board trains under this JKD system

2. neb

neb Banned Banned

More accuratley, what poor fool can afford to?

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

I never got to check how much they charge.

4. neb

neb Banned Banned

Well it's not cheap. Shame really, another example of people getting uber-rich of Bruce Lee's name. You'll notice that on the section depicting the biography of the head instructor, he's flexing his "impressive" muscles. Notice the friggin nice car behind him. Hmmm.

5. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

Lamar Davis.....Has payed his due's.....Not that I agree with what he does or doesn't do....Just he has worked hard to get where he's at........How about You?.....This is noway pointed at anyone, just in general......Good training to all, keep the hands up, becuase it hurts like hell when they are down.......LMGAO (Laughting-My-Ghetto-Ass-Off).....Bam-Bam-Crack-CA-Pow!

Peace, Love and Soul
    JFM

6. neb

neb Banned Banned

Okay, did anyone understand that?

7. georgestando

georgestando Valued Member

I'd avoid lamarr davis and his organization. Doesnt matter how long someone is doing something at all it means they are just around. As far as "hardcore" it doesnt look very hardcore to me in lieu of what we see out there today. I'd take my money elsewhere if I were you. Just my 2 cents.

8. neb

neb Banned Banned

I think only fools and sheep following the herd will disagree with you mate.

I'm afraid someone who is still stuck in this fantasy that JKD is about 'punching, moving and training like Bruce Lee' is not learned enough on it to go charging such prices to people who dont know any better. JKD is about personal development, not following another man's footsteps and then stopping.

And you don't need to pay 2000 dollars a week to experience JKD.

9. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

I agree 100%.......But to each his own.....If I don't like something, I don't have to deal with it and if I don't have to deal...... Then whats the fuss?

Peace, Love and Soul,
    JFM

10. neb

neb Banned Banned

Well!..... Becuase.....

Damnit! way to ruin the fun Simplicity!

:D

11. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Or some could say, that you get what you pay for, but then again sometimes it is not what you thought it was in the first place:confused:

But hey, who am I to judge.

Pat

P.S. I do get a bit peeved when people say it is too expensive, compared to what???? If you go to a Tennis Coach you can pay between $60 and $100 per hour, for what? Lessons from a FAILED Tennis Player, the same goes for Music Lessons, they are FAILED Musicians for god sake, but you would not question how much they charge, and playing tennis or the piano ain't gonna save your life now is it and you certainly dont see Borg or ZZ Top giving you lessons do you, and could you even affoard what they would charge a successfull people in their feild, NO!. But when it comes to martial arts, regardless of style. Many of these people are time served REAL DEAL Martial artists who have spend countelss years and countless bucks getting where they are now. as a matter of fact many of these people, if they had not spent most of their hard earned cash on their own training would be a lot richer money wise and would not need to charge what they do in order to eat.

Jeez I'm going off on one arn't I, I think I will go have a beer and just calm down;)

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  12. Pat OMalley

Your right, you have the right to CHOOSE, and so do instructors too, I agree it is not my cup of tea either but if he Chooses to earn a living from his instruction, don't critise him for that.

Critise people for being bad at what they do, not because they Choose to make a living from it, each to their own as they say and I am pretty sure there are those who are more than happy with being with him, that is their chioce and that is what makes the world go round as they say.

Best regards

Pat

13. neb

neb Banned Banned

peace!

14. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

Words of wisdom, my friend........Did everyone out there.....Get That!

p.s. Hey Pat,
    How's the sticks swinging?
    Take Care!
    John :)

15. elitecombatives

elitecombatives New Member

Typical again

not to point anyone out but there is something to be said about the constant complaint about expensive instruction from some JKD figures. Also, since Forums is a place to express opions and share in thoughts, here i go.........

As Pat and Simplicity mentioned, many (more expensive JKD instructors) have train hard and spend tons of money getting where they are today. Quality instruction don't come cheap as anything in life. IF YOu want to cruise around in a nice car, you spend the money to get a Jaquar and not a GEO! If you want to buy a watch, DONT buy a fake counterfeit. IF YOU want a good quality DVD movie, don't buy bootleg and spend the money on the original...AND...finally, if you want good instruction or insight in JKD, you seek out those who has strong lineage, years of training behind them in teaching and with a reputable organization. Those who keep saying (its sooo expensive) must not have spent lot of time training formally under a reputable instructor, nor spend any training at all in a school...instead choose to train unsupervised with friends in their backyard and calling what they do "JKD"...whats worst??? Check out the prices for Roy Harris, Paul Vunak, Erik Paulson, Dan Inosanto..... They are not considered inexpensive.

Just my opinion. Peace to all!

16. elitecombatives

elitecombatives New Member

Typical again

not to point anyone out but there is something to be said about the constant complaint about expensive instruction from some JKD figures. Also, since Forums is a place to express opions and share in thoughts, here i go.........

As Pat and Simplicity mentioned, many (more expensive JKD instructors) have train hard and spend tons of money getting where they are today. Quality instruction don't come cheap as anything in life. IF YOu want to cruise around in a nice car, you spend the money to get a Jaquar and not a GEO! If you want to buy a watch, DONT buy a fake counterfeit. IF YOU want a good quality DVD movie, don't buy bootleg and spend the money on the original...AND...finally, if you want good instruction or insight in JKD, you seek out those who has strong lineage, years of training behind them in teaching and with a reputable organization. Those who keep saying (its sooo expensive) must not have spent lot of time training formally under a reputable instructor, nor spend any training at all in a school...instead choose to train unsupervised with friends in their backyard and calling what they do "JKD"...whats worst???

Also, I think the money is for them to show you the way (NOT TO tell you where to go)...AND before you can go anywhere with JKD, you must be pointed in the right direction. Is the wisdom from some of these JKD figures worth that? sure it is. One day, when those very individuals who are not happy with price decide to teach, they will then see that their own time and years of training is worth exactly what they claimed was TOO expensive when they were young JKD'rs looking for the answers.

Just my opinion. Peace to all!

17. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

well said and so true.
    i pay 30 to40 pound per hr for private lesson's a bargain when you train with a top notch jkd instructor

18. Pat OMalley

Is Neil only charging that much, cheepskate, tell him to charge you double and teach you half:rolleyes: .

Send him my regards and yes, worth every penny.

As they say, you pay peanuts, you get :Alien: :mad: :love: :bang: :eek: :yeleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :)

Saying that there are people out there that are not worth the paper they have printed there certificate from their computor on or the mag they are lucky enough to get featured in because they are flavour of the month. Now that is expensive, I will mention no names;) .

Best regards

Pat

19. tel

tel absorb what is useful for