Guild Wars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BlindClown, May 12, 2008.

1. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

* i used the search function and there are no threads named this jsut slight mentions of it *

So does anyone play GuildWars ?

If so Character Type(s)

Level(s)

Guild Name

Add on's

Standalone Expansions

Builds

General banter about the game

(I hear about WOW all the time i used to like it and still dont hate it but i really wouldnt pay to play it )

Guildwars is obverall a better game

Discuss (plz im in work very bored )

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I used to play it, and it is pretty good. However, I got bored when I found out there was a 20-level limit (it may have changed since then). The multi-player was pretty good though. A group of used used to play when it frst came out and we used to hook up over Skype.

Since you're bored - how has it changed since it first came out? Is it worth getting back into again?

3. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

There is still a 20 limit lvl , most people think .. the game stops at lvl 20 coz u have reached the limit

there are still explorable areas that are a challange to lvl 20's
    you can re-do missions in hard mode
    you can unlock all the titles
    you can go into PVP and battle against ppl
    You can buy and do the standalone addons
    you can do the expansion pack missions ( Eye of the north )

It has changed alot since it was firts out

the main changes are Nerf`ing of Spells , bug fixes

there is also festive and other events that go on which are held which offer fun games and quests

Like the last one there was rollerbeetle racing and other mini games like the 9 rings

also it was a chance to get your hands on the brand new armour set by completeing the final mission again.

4. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

oops i just ofund a post about Guild Wars , Sorry Admin , perhaps you can merge :S

sorry ! i did try the search function and nothing came up :(

5. A R A K I

A R A K I New Member

Used to play GW alot but there comes a point when it's a little repatative (and probably when i get to that stage with wow i may return)

I've got a lvl 20 of every class with my mian focus on playing ranger. Used to play in a guild called MUtants whho became quite well known. I've completed all the the addons with atleast one of my characters.

We used to do runs clearing Underworld and FoW back before you got anything special for doing it.

Good game and i'm sure i'll play it again one day (when gw 2 is released :p)

6. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

the only thing with W0W is that , its a rip off of GuildWars Granted it has a few more things put in beacuse its newer . but all in all its not a better version of the game and to pay monthly is rediculous!!

i dont find it too repetatvie as you can create many class's and sub class's of charcters so never run out of new ways to play the game !

7. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

i still play GW, can't be arsed making any new chars, so have done all three games with just the 1 char, and am working through eye of the north now.
    and i agree, paying again once you have purchased the game (like wow) is a total rip off.

8. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

ya well im doing the same going through all games and eye of the north with same charcter , then im gonna transffer tht charcter to PVP

and start again with a diff class :) Years of fun , or untill GW 2 comes out soooon

9. A R A K I

A R A K I New Member

Dude you know the guys that made guildwars were some of the original creators of WOW?!

They liked to concept but decided they wanted to make a mmoprg that wasnt pay to play each month.

The one major thing i prefer in WOW to GW is the world is primaraly 3 zones with small instances. lot more chance of meeting people to help with quests on the move rather than gathering partys in town all the time.

10. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

the only thing that is good fro wow that not in Gw imo is Mounts

11. Ana-mia

Ana-mia New Member

If so Character Type(s)
    Lvl 20 Ranger/Monk
    Lvl 18 Monk/Necro

Level(s)

Guild Name
    Legends Of Aranna (I R Leader)

Add on's
    All of them

Builds
    None yet, just awesome amounts of dmg and tank like a mofo!

General banter about the game.
    Anyone want to join a new guild? Lol we have a cool cape and a guild hall and i want to GVG!!

Also i can't wait until they put swimming and jumping in GW2 lol :) hopefully blast Blizzard away from the MMORPG Genre and back to Strategy where it belongs ¬_¬