Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha resigns

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by TonyMc, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Pfft put muay Thai in. The tkd'ers can still compete. It would be open to kickboxing, savate, etc.

2. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet New Member

Do you have more details on the TKD Park, a web link perhaps?

Also, what is FGM Rhee doing now? Has he retired to Golfing? Or is he still active in TKD?

3. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

GM Rhee is available to travel the world to help teach original TKD. Here is his FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/FGMRTaekwondo

Here is a link for the Park:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FaPi6yFFQ"]South Korea's Taekwondo Park for 2013.mkv - YouTube[/ame]
    I am sure that they have their own website as well.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

From what I saw at the olympics WTF and ITF sparring is much closer now that touch head contact scores (in some ways ITF now kick harder to the head).
    Add some bigger mitts and head contact and TKD could be as one under one ruleset.

5. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet New Member

Like Kickboxing?

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah basically. There's too many damn different rules for stand up sparring.
    Along with unified TKD we should have unified stand up fighting too.
    Do it in MMA gloves (the striking rather than grappling ones).
    Add a body protector for amateur maybe.
    Limited clinching time (but still some).
    That sort of thing.

7. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Interesting!

8. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet New Member

As an ITF practitioner, gaining the Olympic bid is only mildly exciting to me. WTF is probably more suited to the Olympics anyway. I prefer that we are more of a martial art than a sport. I personally prefer sparring the ITF way and I don't think I'd be able to drop my hands and guard to fit in with the WTF way. I'd sooner go into full contact Kickboxing, it would feel more natural.

There are many Martial Arts and they don't worry about Olympic ambition, just enjoy the art you chose and practice it the best you can. the best Martial Art is the one you enjoy the most.

9. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet New Member

Underground Full Contact ITF, now that would be exciting!!

10. Asterix187

Asterix187 Valued Member

You forgot punches to the head!

11. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

They already have PRO ITF TKD which is full contact & awards money prizes to the top winners. A Russian student won 2 years in a row I believe.