Gracie street (Beach) fight

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Slindsay, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

2. c0deine

c0deine New Member

Thanks, I like those little vids. Are they all from a DVD ?

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

gee, he can fight, who knew?!? :p

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

He may have won the fight, but he looked a bit of a plonker in those speedos!!.

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

lol hardly a street fight as gracie claims but interesting none the less. is only everytime someone kicked off on me i had chance to take of my shoes and shirt.

my personal theory is that the man didnt mock the system, just the 'colouful shorts' :D

6. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

You tell him that, I'll video it :p

7. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Ok ill just grab on of my mums thongs! :D

8. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

That is cool.. one minute your sunbathin the next you get to see a fight..

9. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I like the frame at 1:35 where some guy in a blue shirt plants his elbow firmly in Rickson's spine. Hopefully he's just pulling him off the other guy.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Funny.

"....the Gracie brother now mounted on the man will continue to punch him until he admits Jujutsu still reigns"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Who say's Kung Fu fliks have the market on martial arts proclamations!

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If only Dave Turton had taught Rickson how to slap the fight could have been over right at he beginning. :)
    No need for all that grappling.

12. jules

jules lurking bacteria

at the risk of being boring,no one here thinks it looks like a rally bad example to set? this guy is held in high regard round the world by alot of people.
    he willing goes to fight..just to prove his point,i dont have the full facts, but it just seemed like typical pride defending and ego,i found the who vid and commentary ludicrous

13. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

err... in much of the rest of the world people stand by their words. So even if that means they talk smack and get a beatdown - or conversely they put their money where their mouth is and back up the smack they've talked.

Seems fairly direct and simple to me. :p

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  14. WingChun Lawyer

WingChun Lawyer Modesty forbids more.

I read something about that, it happened in Rio in the early nineties. I believe it was directly related to the BJJ vs Vale Tudo (Muay Thai) challenges that were taking place at the time.

And yes, Rickson was a ******* on that occasion.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Uhm, if Duarte was willing to sucker punch Gracie the first time, why the hell did he give him the chance to take off his shoes and his shirt?!? Dude, beat him down while he's getting undressed!

16. WingChun Lawyer

WingChun Lawyer Modesty forbids more.

Duarte was the one who got sucker punched, as I remember! Rickson was asking for a challenge right there, and Duarte wanted to do it properly, at the gym.

After getting sucker punched he agreed to it,as you can see.

17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

OK, guess I'll have to watch this when I get home and my 'puter has speakers.

18. jules

jules lurking bacteria

ah so it was a challage from another fighter?that doesnt seem as bad then..seemed really immature fighting some beach jock because he called his mum names or didnt like your shorts.still think its a bad example,but thats the nature or his art i guess he has to defend it(note to self dont post in haste after real ale)

19. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

Good little clip but immature attitude from Gracie at best. This clip only confirms my suspicions that the Gracies are unreasonable, pompous people; the kind of people who think that if they stop holding the world then it will fall from the heavens.

20. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

or that they are brazilians ;)