Genbukan UK Tai Kai : Togakure Ryu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by J_Alexander, Sep 26, 2010.

1. J_Alexander

J_Alexander Valued Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone from Genbukan is going to this tai kai with Tanemura Soke at all? I've already received my densho and it's amazing...

http://uk.genbukantaikai.com

Thanks everyone,

Jamie.

2. Ninjuries

Ninjuries The Man Who Genbukan Supporter

I SO BADLY want to but I can't make it this time! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

3. kevin g

kevin g Valued Member

I plan on buying the densho this week. Does it have techniques or just ryuha history?

4. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

Two questions

'an authority on Hicho-jutsu and Ongyo-no-jutsu, and it was a recorded fact that by using a special Kiai, he could jump to a height of 6 meters.'

Is it even physically possible for a human being to generate enough force to launch themselves 6 meters in the air?

I haven't done physics for many years but it seems to me that the force needed to jump that high exceeds the energy output of the human body.

Second question, purely out of interest, why do the majority of GBK posters use the GBK symbol as their avatar image?

5. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

unless I am mistaken the world record for highest vertical jump is held by Kadour Ziani ... reportedly a jump of 61" (1.55 meters)

6 meters would be impossible...that would be like jumping from the ground up to a 3rd story balcony

6. Katsujin-ken

Katsujin-ken Valued Member

Hello Jamie,

I will be attending the UK Taikai next month. Likewise, I've been reading my densho, and am looking forward to the further instruction and training.

7. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Maybe because they like it?

I have the BJK symbol as my avatar...

8. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

a guy i train in the gym with who's a big sprinter can jump around 5ft from standing, i'll see if i can video it.

9. J_Alexander

Yes, it has both ryu ha history and patterns. Quite phenomenal.

Jamie.

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

you missed the full quote

''According to legend, Ninpo/ Ninjutsu was founded by Ikai (Ikoh), who was a Shogun in the old Korean Koma Era. In the first year of the Chinese Kohyu era (1049) he battled together with the Mongol Kittan-Ka army against the Chinese Soh King Army, but he was defeated and escaped to Ise in Japan, where he lived a cave in the Iga Mountains. Ikai Shogun was an authority on Hicho-jutsu and Ongyo-no-jutsu, and it was a recorded fact that by using a special Kiai, he could jump to a height of 6 meters''

I think the According to legend is the important bit.
    In addition jumping to a height, is different to jumping over a height, the unofficial word record of jumping over a height is 2.5 meteres, add to that a height of 6ft (I know not average for the time) is 1.8 metres, thats around 4.3 metres, and then add reach of around a a metre and your getting closer.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

It depends on the ruleset for the record:

http://powerful-vertical-jump.blogspot.com/2008/02/highest-recorded-vertical-jump.html

''What is the Current Unofficial Vertical Jump World Record?

Yan Zhi Cheng, Chinese Acrobat and Performer, 97" (97 inches = 2.4638 metres) Vertical Jump!

•on 19 July 1988, at a performance in The Hague, jumped (without trampoline or any assistance) through a hoop of which the lowest point was measured at 97". He used two legs to set off, so his jump isn't the official world record. However, it is the highest human jump ever recorded. An absolutely ridiculous feat, Thats no doubt pushed the envelope on whats possible.''

12. Canit

Canit Valued Member

This just in, new records indicate that some characters where missed during translation. The following sentence

Should in fact read,

*special Kiai: yabe (やべ)

13. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Wow! That is insane!

14. Gun De Niro

Gun De Niro Valued Member

Yes. I'm looking forward to this. The Densho is amazing.

# 2 days Instructor Training
    # Togakure Ryu Ninja Training
    # 2 days Open Taikai
    # Togakure Ryu lectures and demonstrations
    # Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu
    # Gradings for Instructors and Members
    # Togakure Ryu Ninpo Bikenjutsu
    # Taikai Banquet

15. J_Alexander

Yes, it looks like quite an event as you say. I'm especially interested in seeing Tanemura Soke demonstrate the real Togakure Ryu Ninpo and hearing what he has to say about it and its history. Looking at the densho, I had no idea how many different types of techniques there actually are in this school - some of them look very 'interesting' indeed.

Jamie.

16. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

What like where was the sea level at the time???

17. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I'm not sure how to express sincerity online, but my sincere compliments to Tanemura soke for directly, or indirectly, producing students who can interact with each other, and others, in a civilized manner. It's very refreshing to see in this subforum! Thank you to everyone who tries to represent this art in a positive and civilized manner.

:hat:

Hope you guys have a great seminar!

18. Gun De Niro

Gun De Niro Valued Member

The explanation of the 'Ninjutsu Hiketsu Bun' is very interesting I think.

Thankyou Mr Fu Bag.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  19. J_Alexander

What is puzzling is how the same schools (from the same source) seem so totally different - both in application and technique. Genbukan system has a flavour very distinct to each ryu ha as well as being realistic - yet in the Bujinkan, they all look utterly the same.

Even the video film of Takamatsu Sensei show movement and application more akin to Genbukan system. Seeing Tanemura Soke's demonstrations, it leaves me with such an impression of power and technique not matched anywhere else - it truly is a privilege to watch such mastery. Yet it is so sad that these ninpo martial arts are thought of with such disdain throughout the world. How has this happened?

And so it is that with the approaching Togakure Ryu Tai Kai, I think we will see something awesome. If the seminar is anything like the densho, I think all Genbukan members attending are going to be astonished. Soke's lectures are also incredible and I think we will hear some fantastic things. I am so looking forward to this!

Jamie.

20. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Depends who's teaching.