G'day again ...

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Syd, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Nice to see some of the old faces still here - anyone ever see or hear from my boys ADC and Nzric, anymore? Shadow ... you're still out there mate! ;)

I've been training alone so long it's weird coming back to the forums to see the same old arguments never change - I guess people can though. I don't care for any of that stuff anymore. If a person is finding growth in their practice and form work and achieving their own goals through that practice; more power to them. Frankly more power to anybody practicing Taijiquan in whatever form it takes - the key here is that Taiji is formless and open to some degree of personalized practice. I've looked at enough footage ( and in the flesh ) of teachers to see right away that no two practice the form the same. As with anything in life your intent will be the mark and measure of your style of practice and your hopes for an agreeable outcome. Not everybodies goals are the same or should be.

I have wasted my time in the past trying to argue the ineffable - sometimes we can't see the woods for the tree's - the more time I have spent away from venues which argue the minutae the clearer things have become for me in my training - it is what you make it - each man and woman their own branch and leaf. The old styles arguments will rage on for those who perhaps need some validation over another person - this is in and of itself contrary to the philosophy of Taijiquan anyway so these days I prefer to yeild and let others have their way - I do not lose and nor do I win - is this even necessary?

To me ... not anymore.

Hello to the old schoolers and to the new! :cool:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  2. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Hey Syd, welcome back!

I like your outlook :)

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hello Syd,

Nice to see you around again, welcome back :) .

4. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Hey there Syd...!! Nice to see youre back, I am still around but not posting much, far too busy with life, the universe and everything...!! Hope all is well with you mate and next time I am in your neck of the woods we will have to hook up... take care...

5. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Hey Shadow!

Great to see you're still around mate, definately keen to catch up in person next time you're over my way or I'm over yours. I'll PM you my e-mail addy so we can stay in touch.

Best, Syd.

6. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Hey Syd

To tell the truth this is the first time I've checked this site for over 6months. Sort of got disillusioned with the whole tai chi/ima thing, not to mention a lack of good classes in Melbourne, and kind of switched my loyalties to endurance sport.

Going back to nz to live for a few years (Auckland), but would be good to keep in touch if just by email. Same goes for all the regulars. Prob. won't take much to get myself hooked on the ima bug again but I agree with Syd, I can't be bothered with the same old arguments - if these arts work for you in any kind of way, on any kind of level, it's worth doing.

7. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Hey Rich!

Great to hear from you again mate, you're in my thoughts from time to time and I have wondered how you are - e-mail me at psi_fan@yahoo.com and let's stay in touch for sure. If you pass through Sydney on your way back to NZ let's get together even if only for a drink and a chat.

Best, S. :)

8. Wuming

Wuming Bored

Couldn't agree more with your opening post. Well said Syd.