fruity aikido

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Dead_pool, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Studude67

Studude67 The hungry fighter

ki response to a punch?? haha id love to see that guy use that response to a full on, full speed blow..

2. DragonPrawn

DragonPrawn Valued Member

slipping your toes into aiki bunnies sounds abit suss.

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Not when you have boots on. I recommend it to you all:evil::evil:

regards koyo

4. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

There must be someone reading all this that is a believer in that toss. come on guys lets here soemone TRY to defend it. please lol

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You wear your boots and slippers at the same time? You are a strange fellow. :p

6. koyo

Typical defence is to look spiritually superior and say "You have a fighting mind."

regards koyo

7. koyo

Hard and soft ying and yang and all that.

regards koyo

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  8. Panzerhaust

Panzerhaust Banned Banned

Ok I'll play devil's advocate.

Ki is the magical energy force of life. He knows about it and can obviously use it to devastating effect. Maybe he and that kiai master should get together.

ok ok I got nothin. Back to the creative writing board :bang:

I just seriously hope his students don't actually try and employ this garbage.
    Look at this knife defense vid
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsXpyW2f-so&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Non-defensive knife encounter[/ame]

9. koyo

Normally we could offer a critique on the techniques used such as timing body alignment. But here is where the real danger lies.

The whole premis is based on a lie..that you can lead his ki. therfore you do not need ANY of the elements that are the FOUNDATIONS of all martial arts.

Simply faith in your "instructor"

First principle. DO NOT get hit.

Those "attacks" even if they landed would only irritate me.So I don't need body evasion.

Second principle. DO NOT attempt to throw or pin someone who has not been unbalanced properly first.

They give you their balance by "following the stream of ki" like puppies.

So I need not train in unbalancing them.

That "training" is a complete waste of time other than for massaging the ego of some stoned mystic.

regards koyo

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  10. Kraen

Kraen Valued Member

Wait, wait wait....

I think the answer is fairly obvious With your Ki, you learn which way the universes cosmic rays spin 'round and learn to BLEND with it, creating HARMONY and when you're harmonized with the universal energies you're also harmonized with not only your assailant, but the very earth and atmosphere around you, allowing you to redirect him to the ground, because really, once you realize your Ki, you learn that they are one so really you've done nothing and the assailant will willingly go to the ground because everything's one like why I'm not using periods because that would separate my thoughts and when everything is one we have no need for such earthly matters but unfortunately I have to hit the 'Submit Reply' button because the creators of this forum themselves don't understand the power of Ki and you're not really submitting anything that's not already there and because everything's one the forum itself is just a device for communicating with people who haven't unlocked how to use their Ki to communicate with the universe

-"Sensei Ki-raen":rolleyes:

11. koyo

Sorry but the fact that you had to say wait three times shows that perhaps you are not entirely convinced of your powers.

But you have given me food for thought. Wait (notice only one)...There ..You really don't want to know what I am thinking.

probably the same as you..See harmony is restored,

regards koyo

12. Kraen

Kraen Valued Member

Well as long as there is harmony your Ki will blend wondrously and you'll never truly be in danger because there is no real intent because you have no desire to hurt yourself which means there is no line and if there's no line then there's no line to get off of and I don't need to know what you're thinking because as long as i'm in tune with the universe I am in tune with you

(For the record I don't ACTUALLY believe Ki = cosmic radial energy that lets me use mystical powers to fight crime and polar bears.)

-Kraen

13. koyo

Polar Bears..Ohh crap all we need is him on this thread.

He joined the Makotokai because he had been "encouraged not to return" when a ki exponent could not move him at all.

regards koyo

14. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

I watched these two videos with the volume up thought.........crap
    Turned the volume down still.........crap.

15. koyo

Can't wait until Polar Bear sees this thread. His attitude to ki mystics is "remarkable"

regards koyo

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Okay I couldn't even watch the whole thing it was so bad. These people don't just give Aikido a bad name. They give Ki Aikido and all Aikibunnies a bad name! Just who attacks like that with a blade?

I want to find those guys, abduct them and drop them in a big black hole somewhere. A big black hole is no reference to Glasgow at all. It's a loverly city full of loverly happy people. :evil:

17. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

I still dont fully understand why the word ki is inforced twice?? is there an AI-AIKIDO style? or an DO AIKIDO?

18. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

Maybe it is like a double negative... they cancel each other out. :eek:

19. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

I wish aikidoka would stop using terms like "extend your ki here" and use terms like "use proper body mechanics here". It would cut down on a heap of the so-called mystical side of things in aikido to an acceptable degree.

20. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Love the knife defence. Why don't these guys ever try this crap against me. I take great delight in gutting them time after time. Last week one of my students failed to follow the core principle in swordsmanship of "do not get hit". He was concussed for two days. That was through a 1600N fencing mask.

The Bear.