Free Dial-Up Irish Internet.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by JohnnyX, Jul 13, 2006.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Hi,

I am on holiday in couple of weeks in Ireland.

I need Free Dial-Up Internet Access so that I can 'support' my company's IT should I need to via a VPN Client on my Laptop.

I know it sounds daft, but there are a couple of manual jobs that must be done in the evening a couple of times a week.

I normally do these from home and if I am away in England, I can use 'BT Click' - I know that I have to pay for the call, but I don't have to sign up to the service, just "dial and go".

Does anyone know if there is there something similar to BT Click in Ireland?

Many thanks.

2. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

Not sure if something like this is what you're after? :)

EDIT: or maybe one of the links on this page would be suitable.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  3. Wali

Wali Valued Member

create a new dial-up connection from withing Windows XP, and the wizard will allow you to select a country from which you will be presented optiond for affiliated dial-up providers for that country. I'm sure one of those will have a PAYG option.

I had to use this as an emergency for a similar situation from Spain, and it worked a treat.

Hope this helps...

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Thanks guys.

Some good info there.

It looks like you have to sign up and you even have to download and install some software on some of them.

The beauty of 'BT Click' is that there is no sign-up, no pre-paid service, you just dial a telephone number with your modem, use an arbitary username and password and "hey-presto", you have instant dial-up internet at 3p per minute.

That's what I am looking for in Ireland.

Cheers.

5. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Johnny,

Check out the following link, and scroll down to the non-subscription level.. it has all the providers who do this type of service in Ireland.

Hope this helps...

http://www.lookintoireland.com/net.htm

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

EXCELLENT!

Exactly what I need - Case solved.

Many thanks Wali.

Thanks too everyone else for your help.

7. Wali

Wali Valued Member

You won't be thanking me when I beat your Space Invaders record (Have been trying to for ages!! :p )

Glad your sorted.