For you Ninja's out there..

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by fifthchamber, Mar 18, 2009.

1. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

I figured this would be appreciated by some here, no matter what the final film turns out looking like..I reckon it's a good possibility for a decent film, but I've been wrong before...

Here's the website, in English as far as it goes.

http://www.goemonmovie.com/index.html

Regards.

2. seattletcj

seattletcj Valued Member

Looks more like a video game. Kinda cheezy.

I think I'd still prefer the classic Goemon of Shinobi no mono.

3. Jumanji

Jumanji Valued Member

a good possibility for a decent film...

well if you think so.

4. fifthchamber

.....Jeez....Try and help a Ninjer out....:rolleyes:

Sod it, the film isn't bad...It's not great, but it ain't bad..It ain't Hatsumi doing stunt coordination, so I guess it's way off base with regards to "the real" ninjutsu...But as far as films go it ain't bad..:bang:

You guys really need more fibre in your diets..Loosen up some eh?

5. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Maybe, just maybe, people here don't care much for media ninjitsu?

It does seem that a new user here has been performing some thread necromancy on various threads, however.

6. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

People seem pretty loose - you're the one getting bent out of shape over this. It looks like a crappy fantasy/martial arts flick, and you're surprised people aren't going ga-ga over it? :rolleyes:

Now, this was a cool fantasy ninjer movie! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHTf1dHz9UI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHTf1dHz9UI[/ame]

7. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Ummm. Pot, Kettle.

8. KiddReige

KiddReige The Six Samurai-Zanji

Shinobi: Heart Under Blade was HORRIBLE! The Anime, Manga, and Novel were soo much better >.<

9. fifthchamber

LOL...
    You say I'm getting bent outta shape because I think a few of you could have said thanks for the point out instead of complaining that the film's not good enough?

Hmm..Fair nuff...

To be honest, I don't mind Seattle's comments..Those were fair enough..It's just the morons that followed after that ****ed me off..

But whatever..

Like I said, I reckon it could be fun to watch...That's all...

And yeah, a lot of you still need to calm down...I was only making the point, not defending the film at all..I only watch "serious" ninjer movies like.......Ummm.....Ummmmm...There's one.....I'm sure....

:rolleyes:

10. Ace of Clubs

Ace of Clubs Banned Banned

I saw Cesshern a while ago and i just recently saw it again. I don't particularily enjoy how modern japanese cinema is trying to bring the anime/manga style to live action. To me, a long time anime fan, it just feels wrong to watch these new genres of film.

One of the hallmarks of anime/manga is completely ridiculous non-sensical crazy wacky story lines that usually don't make any sense outside of the animated fantasy. Applying this to live action is just wrong, it doesnt work.

I believe japanese cinema should re-analyse the direction its going and possibly go back to making awesome movies like battleroyal and the ring.

Like translating a book to cinema when you take hard and set conventions from one genre and try to apply it to another sometimes things just don't mesh.

On another note.

Believe it or not but personally my study of budo is completely unrelated to my tastes in movies and books. I find it a bit annoying that you automatically assumed that everyone on this forum would go "ooo...ahhh... ninja movie" just because we study ninpo.

Cinema, Literature, Art, Fantasy =/= Budo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-T7yPJVvXw"]YouTube - Battle Royale Trailer[/ame]

11. Jumanji

Jumanji Valued Member

Wait..I'm confused. Why am I moron for saying "a good possibility for a decent film...well if you think so.". I was just joking, I wasn't getting bent out of shape, you're the one who assumed I'm a "ninja" who believes anything ninjutsu-wise needs Hatsumi's involvement if it's not to be banished to some kind of ninjer hell.

I wasn't complaining that the film's not good enough, just that by the looks of the site, it looks like an obsurce, video game-esc, film and I can't imagine enjoying watching it too much.

*edit*

well anyways, I apologize for the misunderstanding, what I said and what I meant was misunderstood and I'm sorry for in part causing abit of a conflict.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  12. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

Looks fun thanks for the tip!

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I give you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umk-r9RXcrU"]YouTube - How to Cope with Rejection[/ame]

Actor playing the ninja is one of my dojo mates

14. fifthchamber

Thanks Mr. Ray... Even if it's a wry comment, it's appreciated mate...

And Ace, thanks too, that's a far better response...I would agree...For several years the Japanese cinema (And TV) has been treading over the same stuff, and some of it is okay, but a lot more is just show...But then, this is a country that considers comedy genius to be Benny Hill and Mr. Bean, so I don't know what else we should expect really...

Korean movies look a little better recently perhaps...

I'm not sure though...Hell, there's nothing else to look at right now..Not here anyway..You guys have Star Trek and Terminator soon!

15. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Um, those are also 'treading over the same stuff'. Waaay too many sequels, remakes, tie-ins, etc. in entertainment media in general these days.

Moderators, can this be moved to the Movies forum?

16. fifthchamber

Heh..Sarcasm doesn't play so well online does it? :)

Movies wise, Hollywood has been rinsing out the "comics adaptation" movies for a scarily long time now, about time someone did something original again I reckon...

Slumdog Millionaire was good though..

And I don't mind the comics movies, since I like the comics....

Terminator 4 is pushing it though...

And yeah, I'll second the shift to the movie forum

17. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

I was actually serious. I like stuff like that, good fun! Thanks again.