FMA in Sheffield?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Injurytime, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Injurytime

Injurytime New Member

Hi, I'm in Sheffield in the UK and I wondered if anyone knew of any good FMA schools or instructors in the area? I've done some FMA before but had a long break and am looking for some stick-on-knuckles action...

2. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Hi Injurytime

You may find a local FMA group / instructor if you check the British Council of Kali, Eskrima, Arnis Instructors website at www.bckeai.co.uk

Good luck in your search for a reputable club in your area.

Regards

Peter

3. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

Hi! I can recommend Mark Hayes at the Sheffield martial arts centre. Hes a great guy and coach!

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

Out of curiosity, who was your last guro? From which system?

5. Injurytime

Injurytime New Member

Hi, thanks to everyone who replied. I'll check out the link Peter, and thanks Ballistic, I came across their website a few days ago and have been planning to go over for a test class in a couple of weeks.

Shootodog, I trained on and off for a couple of years with John Broster, who I would continue to train with if I could afford to travel to do it. The main thing I do isn't FMA, it's Silat, a branch off from Silat Fitra if you ever heard of that, Silat Seni Tunggak Gerak, which I do under a guy called Vinnie in Nottingham. Who I also would recommend to anyone.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  6. mick shore

mick shore Valued Member

Hi,i teach eskrima/kali inosanto/hartsell systemn,sayoc kali and silat lincah/pukulan madura in doncaster....youre welcome anytime o pop by for a trial class--Mick

7. Injurytime

Injurytime New Member

Hi Mick, I don't drive so transport might be a bit of an issue but I appreciate the offer, thank you. If I wind up in a position to take you up on it I'll let you know.

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Mark Hayes is an excellent instructor. And Jon Broster is now teaching in Nottingham.

You can't go far wrong with Tuhon Jon Broster. He's been training under me for over 20 years and is one of the seniors of my group. He is also a senior instructor under Master Mark Wiley. A top class Silat Instructor and a top class BJJ man too with quite a few titles under his belt. Very few here in the UK can match his credentials.

9. Celt

Celt New Member

There is one just off J38 at middletown, its a Rapid Arnis Club run by Iain Wallace, covers everything in FMA