Flow

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by munkiejunkie, May 31, 2005.

1. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

I need to help get some flow into my throws. I sort of just get to the part where I push my buttocks out(like in seoi nage and o goshi) and I sort of stop for a second and have to do it again. Can anyone help me get some more flow into this movement?

2. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

Not quite sure what you mean...is it that the entry doesn't feel quite right and so you want to start again? or do you mean that you are having problems with the actual lifting action and can't get the opponent off the ground?

The flowing motion comes with time...start off doing the techniques slowly and break the techniques down into simple stages. Make sure your hips are in the correct position - for these two throws you need to make sure they are in line with the person you are throwing. Bend your knees, hold onto partner and push your **** into them (oo-er)

Then straighten your legs. I always found the position and lift on these throws is the important part, not the actual throwing part itself. If all else is correct, that should just be a matter of turning to look behind you.

Once you get the entry and lift, practice that over and over again without actually throwing...get them to the point of throw only...then add in the throw...and then gradually build up the speed, momentum and flow

Hope that helps a little?