Flavor of Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pacificshore, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

So, what flavor are you having this very minute? I'm having mint chocolate chip:ninja2:

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I'm having I need to lose weight. It freaking sucks. Damn you for posting this.

3. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

I just finished a bowl of rainbow sherbert. :D

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I like 'fat flavor.' I just throw a tub of Crisco in the freezer for the night and eat the entire thing for breakfast. I don't even use a spoon.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

On my 21st birthday one of my friends got me a tub of every single flavour he could find.

The freezer was full for weeks.

6. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

That sounds like a recipe for a diabetic coma.

I'm having an ice lolly. They've been in there a few weeks and no-one wants them.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

There are only two flavors ever worth eating, ever: vanilla, and French vanilla. :) Right now the freezer holds French vanilla. Me and the kids ate some yesterday.

8. LemonSloth

Pfffft. Unless it's either "clotted cream vanilla" or any with "gelatto" in the title, it's not worth offending my taste buds with :p

Speaking of which, there was this one dude up in Cardiff (Wales) I used to go see after playing in a small ccg tournament that had his own cafe called "Gelattos" where he served his own hand made italian ice cream. His chocolate orange ice cream had actual chunks of chocolate orange in him, his chop chip mint used actual mint and proper chunks of dark chocolate in and so forth. He actually went to Italy for 8 months or so to learn how to make it and was really proud of what he did...

I don't think I will ever have better ice cream ever again. :cry:

9. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Anyone going for some ben and jerry's? This thread made me cave. I'm eating chubby hubby. Thanks for nothing you jerks.

(Kidding, I don't think youse guys is joiks)

10. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I'm rather partial to Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter me up or whatever it's called.

11. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

12. aikiMac

Ooo, ooo, seriously? Clotted Cream Vanilla ice cream? I want some!!!! Never seen it over here, but I looooove clotted cream! :cry:

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Lick Gelato, Greek Street in London is run by a Singaporean guy who went to Italy to learn the craft.

He created some very interesting flavours. By far my favourite is Black Sesame.

In my fridge, currently its full of Oreo Cookie ice cream.

14. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I like the Ben & Jerry's flava flav with cherries aka Cherry Garcia®

but it's difficult to find.... anyway, much too cold for ice cream now, what's wrong with you people ;)

15. aikiMac

You live in the wrong place, then, because it's still summer in Los Angeles! :D

16. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

there's a place in chicago called 'black dog gelato'. they have a flavor called 'salty peanut'; it's unbelievable, salty and sweet. they also have bourbon ice cream. no, i'm not joking. if you're even in town, go there for frozen delights.

17. LemonSloth

Are you not near a Waitrose or something similar? I see it all the time in my local one and I live in a quiet little town in uncivilised parts :)

And come on, it's never too cold for ice cream. Like it's never too cold for shorts or too hot for a good cuppa :)

Black Sesame? Do go on...what's in it?

Oreo cookie ice cream though is a no-go for me, it just tastes awful. Anything with pistacho nuts, mint, almonds, cashew nuts, orange, lemon or strawberry in on the other hand is goooooood :D

It's ace! It's the only cheap, poor quality ice cream you can buy in big tubs from pretty much any supermarket here in the UK and it still tastes pretty good. Especially if it says "Cornish" :D

I've seen bourbon ice cream before, my mouth waters every time but I'm not brave enough to try it. But salty peanut?!

You know what I love? Mint and pistachio nut. Om nom nom...

18. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Except 'gelatto' does not exist as a word in Italian, it's actually gelato. :p :D
    Speaking of which...
    Dark chocolate and coconut! :love:

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I luuuuv cookies and cream/oreos.

Black sesame, is a bit weird. Chinese cooking wise we use it mainly as a hot dessert soup, usually with a sweet dumpling.
    Its weird to describe, kinda...like...well...ash but tasty! and sweet.

http://www.thehongkongcookery.com/2013/05/black-sesame-ice-cream.html

Heres the FB site of my favourite place for Gelato.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lick-Gelato/103106916428502

For those in London, UK; you can post on his FB feed and ask when he'll have certain flavours or even have suggestions.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  20. LemonSloth

Oh, you did NOT just spell check me, damn you!!!

*Shakes fist angrily*

Just you wait, sooner or later you will spell a word wrong and then *BAM*! I'll be on you like a bear on a face!!!

:D

Awesome stuff! That Black Sesame looks delicious actually, I will have to make it at home soon :)

Now, if only that chap would send ice cream mail order... :cry: