Fish's log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

lassitude potato:

~1 hour liftan:
    screwing around before kali. 90 cnj, a bunch of 80 power cleas and full cleans, some pressing, pause squat singles up to 110, some pullups, some chinups. monday was more screwing around as i'm just resting up until my system finishes rebooting. then kali (on both days). did nothing yesterday.

~1h FMA:
    wednesdays are dumog and panantukan sessions. apparently the teacher likes me, as i was the demonstration dummy for most of the moves today :p

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I took a Kali class once. They were going to make me the demo dummy. Such an honour, I thought.

Turned out I was the PiƱata

3. Fish Of Doom

yesterday's potato:

definitely need to temporarily quit the weights completely if i'm to recover right. on the other hand, while i failed miserably at squatting, i did pendlay row 80kg for 3 sets of five with room for more, so yeah. also chin up x2 with 32kg and some close grip power snatches with 40kg (mobility's not good enough for fulls, but i did try). then kali, where i failed miserably at abanicos :p

4. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Did I read that right? Quit weights? Even temporarily? Are you ok?

Abanicos are hard on the wrist and forearms: keep your forearm vertical and rotate your hips and shoulders too. It'll be slow to start with, but ingrains good motor patterns while your wrist flexibility increases...

5. belltoller

Fish-speak for doublin' up on his presses, relax for a couple of hours with a protein-shake then resume cleans at twice the 1 rep max he started the morning out with.

Roughly :cool:

6. Fish Of Doom

no one complained when i did it in norway right before putting 100kg overhead...

and i AM going for the clean too this time.

7. belltoller

I'd been kidding on my last post - but is that really what the rest period(s) is(are) for, a rest period right before significant increases in weight?

I thought it due to some type of injury or something.

8. Fish Of Doom

last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week. last day of my forced rest week.

*jitters*

i want to train. choo-choo.

9. Fish Of Doom

arnie potato (is back):

box was open yesterday, unexpectedly, so i trained there, but was somewhat poopy, possibly due to it being a humid sunday. did some cleans, wrist bothered me a bit and was having trouble maintaining the front rack, but pulling power was over 9000, which bodes well. jerks seem on point too, just need to start working reps on them to groove the dip and drive. afterwards screwed around with some accessory stuff (discovered that i like deficit double-paused snatch pulls, which also bodes well) and did some deadlifts and one armed rows (box got two adjustable db handles and a trap bar, so now i can do all my super heavy shenanigans without issues :D)

monday training:

front squat:
    40kg 1x5
    60kg 1x3
    70kg 1x5
    80kg 1x4
    90kg 1x3
    100kg 4x1
    don't remember if i did 4 or 5 singles. this was basically a rushed 20min workout before kali :p

btn split jerk:
    80kg 2x5
    lol.

10. Fish Of Doom

not logging my latest training sessions because meh :p. competed yesterday, was the only guy in my weight class at 59.4kg, so was made to lift in between the 69kg guys, did 62.5, 67.5, 70x, 80, 90x, 90x. jumped back on the 70 snatch and lost it forwards, lost the jerk forwards on the first 90 cnj, failed to clean it again on the third attempt.

vidya!:
    https://instagram.com/p/3EhSDKJAjC/
    https://instagram.com/p/3D-y-QpAvX/

also here's my coach and i being silly last week after training:
    edit: derp wrong link: https://instagram.com/p/27AlE9JAvY/

and an ohp rep pr from last sunday:

https://instagram.com/p/2zFU3mpAmp/

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. Fish Of Doom

tater updater:

logging on the phone is still a pain in the butte, but i've still been training. only noteworthy things have been that i'm occasionally doing cardio, that i'm doing a cert offered by the local guy that's pretty legit (guys who trach are a local oly champ, one of argentina's top powerlifting coaches, the guy who introduced kettlebells to latin america, and my box's head coach who's basically the same for argie crossfit) and that the other day i hit a 120 squat again out of sheer hatred because pedro was making fun of me because i don't like humidity (he knows i lift more when ****ed off, doesn't mind that i fight back by bombarding him with obscenities, sarcasm and threats of physical harm, and i was pretty much dying from humidity and heat because he had the bright idea of setting uo training at 3 pm). still stalled for 2 years, but it was atg and i felt like veritable ordure so i'll take it.

also kb pressing with shoulder pack is an anatomical abomination and i hate it :p (slowly getting better at it though)

12. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Nice squats, bro. :cool: I'll catch up eventually.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  13. Fish Of Doom

stand-up potato (is not squatting):

pendlay row:
    60kg 3x5
    70kg 1x5
    80kg 1x5
    fun.

bent over row:
    60kg 5/5/5/10
    more fun!

ohp:
    60kg 5x2
    extra fun!

also 1.5h kali. dumog session like all wednesdays. this time miguel (instructor and school head) really went off the deep end with regards to how he meshes his CMA experience with his FMA (it's actually quite fascinating how he managed to mix the two). we did qigong exercises most of the class, then some basic flow drills afterwards.

14. matveimediaarts

Cool story, bro. :cool: Y u no squatz? Your squats are traditionally darned impressive. Kali sounds fun. :) Wish there was a FMA place in my area. :bang:

15. Fish Of Doom

because i'm sore and stiff. also my squats are crap :p

16. Fish Of Doom

potatifex maximus:

yesterday's training:

back squat:
    20kg 1x3
    30kg 1x3
    40 kg 1x3
    50kg 1x3
    60kg 1x3
    70kg 1x3
    80kg 1x3
    90kg 1x3
    100kg 1x3
    been a loooooong while since i had such a good workout.unpsyched casual triples to start. was weak on pressing, so spent a while doing random stuff and bantering with pedro and the locals (also filming pedro being silly). mostly snatch pulls and a few deadlifts. then pedro stretched the crap out of me.

paused back squat:
    20kg 1x1
    30kg 1x1
    40kg 1x1
    50kg 1x1
    60kg 1x1
    70kg 1x1
    80kg 1x1
    90kg 1x1
    100kg 1x1
    110kg 1x1
    120kg 1x1
    one of my oly teammates came by and pedro had him squat, so i got the squat bug again and did paused singles to a max just for the lulz. legs are slowly returning to when i was actually almost strong :D.

deadlift:
    100kg 2x15
    high rep dls in oly shoes TROLOLOLOLO

bent over rows:
    60kg 2x5
    40kg 2x10
    i hate barbell rows.

today's training:

back squat:
    20kg 1x3
    25kg 1x3
    30kg 1x3
    35kg 1x3
    40kg 1x3
    45kg 1x3
    50kg 1x3
    55kg 1x3
    60kg 1x3
    65kg 1x3
    70kg 1x3
    75kg 1x3
    80kg 1x3
    85kg 1x3
    90kg 1x2
    95kg 1x2
    100kg 1x2
    got my squats in before today's session of the CPDA course, all unpsyched. today was the strength session with the pl guy. damn cool stuff, went over not only the usual basic and not so basic programming theory considerations you get in most places, but also plenty of protips, IRL experiences for both programming and coaching, etc. i approve :D. next one is the oly session. should be fun :D

17. Fish Of Doom

18. matveimediaarts

dayum...that's a lot of volume, amigo. How's that working out for you as far as achieving your goals and gaining strength? I've been adding volume myself per Harry's suggestion, but not nearly that much.

19. Fish Of Doom

i'll let you know in a month or so :p

20. Fish Of Doom

podato (get it? podo? because leg day? i'll get my coat):

back squat:
    60kg 2x3
    70kg 1x3
    75kg 1x3
    80kg 1x3
    85kg 1x3
    90kg 1x3
    95kg 1x3
    100kg 1x3
    105kg 1x3
    100kg 1x1
    102.5kg 1x1
    105kg 1x1
    107.5kg 1x1
    110kg 1x1
    roarrrrrrr!!!! still a far cry aaway from when i was strongest at squatting (ignoring excuses like my not squatting atg at that time), but by far the best squats i've done in months.

power snatch:
    55kg 4x1
    hang power snatch:
    55kg 3/2
    60kg 3/2
    derping around.

pull-up:
    2x5
    chin-up:
    1x5
    quick derp before kali

1.5h kali:
    bunch of single stick stuff, then espada y daga, which is pretty cool (although i have to admit that on one level i find knife training mildly depressing :p)