Fish's log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

How do you not weight your hair when you weigh yourself?! ;) :)

Admittedly with hair you'd probably weigh closer to 100kg, but that's a minor detail! ;) :)

2. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

I track my weight along with body measurements such as the circumference of my chest, arms, legs and waist. Weight can be tricky when judged alone.

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i said minus, not sans :p

4. FoD's neck work: swing my hair from side to side... :D:D

OSu!

5. Fish Of Doom

lulz. actually i should look someday into that strongman thing where they pull vehicles with their hair.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

7. Fish Of Doom

8. Fish Of Doom

before i forget to log it:

saturday: parkour: bunch of jumping and climbing, and some heavy pulling work. prolly gonna try some one armed knuckle pushups later just to show my triceps who wears the pants here (only because i'd look silly with pants around my triceps).

9. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Out of curiosity, how to you ensure progression on your parkour work?

10. Fish Of Doom

when i can actually do it, i progressed. then i just need to do it more.

11. Fish Of Doom

and/or better

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

is it technique progression or flow progression?

do you run drills?

i'm guessing its similar to bouldering progression.
    you find a route, try to complete it. if you cant complete it you try again. otherwise you change the ruleset or try a different combo to complete that route - am i right?

13. Fish Of Doom

for now it's mostly maximal strength progression... (and i'm nowhere near what the other guys can do, they're freaking inhuman). technique is also an issue, but i make do for now with the really basic stuff that's not so technique intensive. the bouldering thing does sound somewhat similar, yes.

14. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Thanks, I was wondering if you kept some sort of training log with bench marks. It is pretty easy to quantify things when lifting weights, etc. I would imagine it is a bit more difficult with parkour.

15. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

If its anything like bouldering progression thats ORGANISED.
    (many unorganised climbers!) then he'll have a picture system.
    bouldering has grades bbut i used the picture system of taking a picture and some accompanying notes, digitally mapping it and drawing out routes.
    that way you know where you're struggling and the techniques and conditions that need improvement as well as what challenges you've already done.

as you can guess - climbing is what got me started on sport science

16. Fish Of Doom

nah, we just go and climb, run and jump and stuff given what we have available where we are at each particular moment.

17. Fish Of Doom

2x1 one-arm knuckle pushups each arm. seiken ftw. tateken alignment for triceps isolation and because of physics (although horizontal fist ones should be possible if lifting the same-side leg and using the other arm for balance :p).

18. Ouch... careful with that, your shoulder will be internally rotated & your elbow flaring; don't go injuring yourself for no reason! :)

Osu!

19. Fish Of Doom

1x2 one arm knuckle pushups as a form check (it sucks).

gym tomorrow, wondering what to do about my deadlifts. i'm pretty sure i could add at least 10 kilos to my romanian deadlift, as it is, but my grip would likely be insufficient (legs and back held quite nicely last session, grip failed on last rep). might try anyway. alternative is to just switch over to conventional deads already and test how much i can lift, then start doing those regularly (that's IF my upper body recovers from the heavy pulling work on saturday on time, else i'll lift on wed).

20. Fish Of Doom

missed this week's gym session due to unavoidable circumstances, so i just did 5x5 one-armed pushups, and tried to do some pullups but the only available surface here is solid wood and the edge nearly killed my fingers after 5 reps. if i can, i'll do some on the break on my norwegian course, as there are a few suitable ledges, and might do some pistols later at night once my hip flexors recover from the OAPs.