First Grading coming up...

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by TiaChica, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TiaChica

TiaChica New Member

Hiya,...

that's my first grading coming up in a couple of months and it appears Sensei expects me to grade too.

So, bearing in mind, I'll also be writing two written exams and complete a practical for work, I now have the added pressure of the grading. Still smiling at the moment though :) but getting nervous.

I was wondering if there were any anecdotes anybody would like to share to calm my nerves and to give me an idea what happens during a grading.

TiaChica

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

"Shut up and train".

I'm not trying to be funny or anything, I just find this helpful, it's another way to just say "try harder, focus more"

Good luck! I hope you do well :)

3. TiaChica

TiaChica New Member

Glad to hear that approach works for you.

Thank you for the wishes.

4. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

Dont fear it, just try to treat it as a demo as to what you know, I always tell my guys this. Plus its your 1st grading so your teacher will not be looking for any kind of perfection. Just a simple understanding of the basic forms and techs your required to know for your style.

Can you spare 5-10 mins every day just to pick one tech and work on it? this goes for all your Aikido, NEVER leave it at the dojo, take it home and study what you trained. Just like everything else. KIHON IS EVERYTHING

5. TiaChica

TiaChica New Member

Thank you for your advice. I am trying to do a little bit everyday, even if I just have time to learn a couple of vocabularies.