Filipino Martial Arts Material exchange

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by mdz81, Oct 13, 2003.

1. mdz81

mdz81 Valued Member

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

What sort of material? Cotton? A nice tartan? Dare I say -- Lycra?

But seriously - what did you have in mind?

3. mdz81

mdz81 Valued Member

Sorry but my english aren´t good.
    I want to exchange FMA video tapes, ...

4. YODA

Ah - I thought so.

That would be Illegal - unless you wish to exchange originals, which would be unusual.

5. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi Dave,

Unless we are talking original seminar tapes, which of course, would need the instructor who has taught the seminar to agree.

But I don't think thats what he meant ;-)

Bill

6. YODA

True.

Tape trading, as we both know Bill, goes on. But doing it openly on a public forum is asking for trouble - and isn't something we can allow here.

How big IS your collection these days? Had to build an extention to house it yet? :D

7. mdz81

mdz81 Valued Member

Made Copies of software are illegal too, and i supposed that you haven´t any original software.
    YODA you are the administrator, if my post are illegal erase it.
    Thanks.

8. YODA

Hi mdz81

No you're post is not illegal - but it could hae led to illegal activity which could have led thsi website into problems.

As for software - ALL the software on my PC is fully licensed and legal. I'm in the minority though I think :D

9. DeeTee

DeeTee Valued Member

Hi guys,

Whats the SP on trading / selling seminar tapes etc - just out of curiosity. Who own the copyright - if anyone?

10. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I'm not sure about all the legalities. Morally, though, I think the instructor teaching the seminar is the first person who has any say over its distribution.

I do know that, legally, all the participants have to sign a waiver allowing their image to appear in a distributed video. Any participants who don't sign the waiver should, technically, not be shown at all or should be masked (by pixelation or other editing techniques).

Mike