Fighting with friends.

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by NaughtyKnight, Jan 18, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Hi guys,
    We have all had fights with our mates. Especially when were all drunk or over a girl.

What do you do if your friend swings at you. Obviously you block it but i mean what do you do to stop them being able swing any more. You dont want to cause serious damage to them.

This has never actually happened to me as yet, but Ive been wondering about it. Do you just take the hit and hope that its the only one or do you do a submission hold and pray you dont break their arm?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

I'd either try to do a submission hold and due to my horrible locking abilities break their spine through their pinky finger or evade and begin punching him in the stomach till he can't fight, in both cases screaming WHAT THE HECK'S WRONG WITH YOU MAN???? YOU GONE CRAZY OR WHAT????

3. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

Clinch and talk to them. It's almost like a hug.......

4. ttamgirl

ttamgirl New Member

It depends on what friend.

If it were the football player, I would just hit him with everything that I have. If it were any of my other friends, I would run. I dont want to hurt them, and doing any thing to them might. They dont do sports, and they dont fight, and I dont know any cool Joint locks that I can do.
    Damed loss of finger strength.

5. NaughtyKnight

Hmmm. Its a hard question to answer because unless you defend yourself you might get hurt, though if you defend yourself too well you might injure your friends. Meaning no more friendship.

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

block then push away hard, or clinch. Only problem with clinch is their rage can build more cos your restricting them, whereas they keep swinging and you keep block and push they get tired and anger fades quicker...

7. NaughtyKnight

Thats true.

I thought about perhaps sweeping them on their ass. Maybe that would show them their fighting a losing battle. However it might also **** them off even more. :confused:

8. Sgt_Major

I wouldnt tend to put them down too much, it can be embarrassing and further the dispute as a hurt ego takes longer to calm.......depends on why the swinging for you, and how seriously......Ive seen my cousin trying to hurt me badly over a cast-away remark I made. He came at me with a bottle....in that case, of course I put him down, cousin or not. We still friends now tho' after he calmed down and realised I was only takin the hand outta him.

9. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Walk away and talk to them when they have had time to chill ;)

10. Sgt_Major

Just dont turn your back on them. Many a Judas sucker punch to had that way... :D

11. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

??

your real friends wont want to fight with you!!
    and if they do then you probably did something worthy of a slap :D

12. OBCT

OBCT New Member

My friends and I often fight, usually a sort of sparring (One friend does TKD another is a boxer and another does WC) it's not serious, but it can get out of hand at times, usually after a few drinks, and a girl is involved. Basically when fighting a friend for real it's the same as 'play fighting' (No: groin shots, face shots, headbutts, anything that will leave permanat damage, scar, or seriously hurt) Usually a throw, takedown, sweep trip or slam into a wall works. Take their wind. Then either a standing hold/lock or a ground hold/lock.

13. NaughtyKnight

You cant just throw them into a brick wall. They will def get up and try again.

14. OBCT

OBCT New Member

Depends how badly the're winded. Too hard and you get convulsions

15. Black Thistle

Black Thistle New Member

About 7 years ago my hand was forced by a once friend. It was a situation created by himself and probably a bit of alchohol. His behaviour was completely unacceptable in that he started to physically push me over the fact that I didn't leave with him and a few other to go to the next bar. It was my brothers stag night you see and you know what its like. You catch people up throughout the night as there was alot of people there. So we left the bar we were in to catch them up at the next one and they obviously decided to just wait outside instead. My friend however had the hump and started to give me the verbal. I couldn't believe it seeing it was my brothers stag night. One thing led to another and I though stuff it your an **** mate and let loose with about a 7 punch combination which left him reeling and of course hurt. He came ok considering with just his watch being broken and a few grazes. I hated having to do this but to be honest I have no regrets. If someones willing to push you that far then they must face that kind of reaction. We were friends for a few years afterwards but am no longer in contact with now. He actually said he didn't know why he did it especially seeing he knew my capabilities as we were close friends but something just came over him he just couldn't control and I wasn't going to allow myself to be walked over. Wouldn't recommend it though. Have normal friends.

16. NaughtyKnight

Yeh I dont think punching them 7 times is a good idea. Perhaps a good pushkick would work. Just get them out of your face without doing all that much damage. If they comeback in sweep their feet out from under them and let them cool off on the ground.

What about getting them in a lock and talking to them about how stupid they are behaving?

17. Sgt_Major

For a verbal confrontation? Sheesh bit overkill dont you think, this was your mate at the time after all. The thing most people will remember about your brothers stag do is you beatin the crap outta one of their mates, not the fact he was being an idiot. Kinda puts the shoe on the other foot, eh?

He was obviously drunk, and personally I dont see the need for that reaction in response to a bit of verbal abuse. Had he been physically abusive its a different story, but rare would be the occasion that would warrant 3 punches let alone 7.

18. Black Thistle

Black Thistle New Member

Don't get the wrong idea here I had very good cause for my actions.

As I mentioned, he was physically abusive by pushing me, infront of my brother? and for absolutely no reason.This wasn't the first time he had taken advantage of my good nature. There had been many instances where he made a fool of me. Too many to mention in fact like, running tabs up in our accomodation whilst on holiday then denying it was him. All I had to do was ask staff who ran up the bill to which they gave me the obvious answer. My friend had to foot the bill and was never paid back. I could go on and on here. I carried him the last few years to where I think I was just a benefit to him to various reasons. All that must've culminated in my head at the time which led to me thinking you aint no friend anyhow. My actions were for alot of things that happened between us throughout the years and this was the final straw.

Most who were close witness to it all completely disassociated me from it including my brother to which I apologised for my actions. He completely understood as he knew the history. As far as maybe I could've subdued him a bit better? I knew nothing back then apart from boxing which is what I was doing at the time. If I tried anything else he might've kicked my ass as he's a big lad. I think it's the only way I could've reacted. I was gonna get invloved in some stupid wrestling match. Once again I have no regrets for what I did.

After spending 5 years in London without so much as an invite or phone call hes now again back living in Edinburgh. He's been asking for me to call him through people I know even though he has my number????? of course I'm not going there as I have moved on so much from that time. People never seize to amaze me.

19. Sgt_Major

hmmm, thats maybe a different story. Using what you know at the time is fair enough. And with a history thrown in it makes more sense.

Sorry if I came over judgemental, I just had an image of 2 mates out and one a little drunk and stupid gettin a beatin.......nevermind me, I'll go sit in this wee cornwer over here and think about what Ive done...... :D :p

20. OneArmedBandit

OneArmedBandit Types with one hand...

Personally I couldn't care less who it is that attacks me, they should know what happens when you attack a MAist by now, I've actually had a fight with friends, I cant remember how it started, all I remember is watching another of my mates get smacked to the floor and going ballistic, I charged at the guy who did it in a blind rage, lifted him off the ground, (which was quite a feat , he was about 15 stone and I was only 14 yrs old at the time) and I sidewalk slammed him into the ground, he stopped breathing and went to hospital, he was okay in the end, didn't do much damage , you may have guessed but I had very little self restraint at the time.