Fed Up

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by xplasma, Dec 1, 2003.

1. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

I don't know about SilentNightFall, havoc123, Kurohana, Kinjiro, Sonshu, Zamfoo, and any other I have missed. I haven't seen any of these "true ninjutsu practioners" ( I would include myself in this list. ) Post in a while.

Basically becuse the Ninjutsu forums has become a joke. I was shocked that YODA posted here. That can only mean that we have lose the main idea of the board.

With all the
    " I want to be a ninja"
    " I can defeat 7 armed attackers"

I can't believe what happen to this fourm. I 'll be checking the board on and off, but this will be my good bye to the ninjutsu forum, till it becomes serious again. I will still post in other parts of MAP which are still about the art and not about stupdity.

IDEA:
    Mods, can be change the forums name from Ninjutsu to Ninpo, so the non-serious members get confused and may not know what Ninpo is and stop posting to our forum?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Now you know what it's like.

Do you remember when You posted all that stuff about
    'I did Shaolin Kung fu for a month and it's rubbish'.

How do you think Serious Kung Fu people felt when they read that? Probably much the same way you feel now.

You said the same thing about Wing Chun (That your mate had done it for x amount of time and that it didn't work etc etc) and Aikido, although to your credit, you seem to have kept up the Aikido.

I do none of the above mentioned arts BTW. Just pointing out a 'Pot calling the Kettle Black' scenario for you.

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hi xplasma.

I take our comments onboard.

What do you see as the benefits of a name change from Ninjutsu to Ninpo?

Excuse the ignorance. don't blame the forum members, but the media!

4. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

I said that I felt Shaolin Kung Fu was "too flashy" and I wasn't impressed with Wing Chun, never said they were rubbish.

Edit:
    This is what I said:
    And with Aikido, its simply took a while to get adjusted to the art. I think a lot of people have had beginning doubts with different arts.

In addition that is much differnet then talking about Ninja seeing through walls.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2003
  5. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Re: Re: Fed Up

Mostly because the true Ninjutsu arts have a spirtual aspect to them, calling themselves Ninpo ( the higher from of Ninjutsu). Only people which more then a real ultimate power knowledge of Ninjutsu would know that. Weeding out the "Ninja wannabes"

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Maybe we could put it to a poll for the other Ninjutsu people?

7. nin_jason

nin_jason New Member

I love Ninjutsu and for me it is a part of life, serous matter and all of that.

Unfortunately as mentioned, due to media etc any time Ninjutsu is mentioned it usually becomes the source for much joking and ends up swaying towards pointless conversation - this will always be unavoidable - always.
    Looking for Ninjutsu is what brought me to MAP but to be honest I never check the Ninjutsu forum anymore. In saying that though, there is plenty of useful information in there to be read.

I don't think closing the Ninjutsu forum is fair on the few that do use it for constructive discussion and information, but we will have to accept that there will always be a select few.. make that a large amount of people who treat it as a joke. That's just something we'll have to accept with our choice of MA.

It's up to the people who are serious about Ninjutsu to completely ignore irrelevant topics or posts and not indulge them by getting into a flaming war or whatever the case may be. Same should be done for all forums.

Keep the communication paths open so those who want to can develop and grow.

8. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

To me I stopped doing Taijitsu

about 3 years ago - it is an art that I do defend though as there are as I have said many times - some key elements to it that are invaluable to my Sonshu training.

The style is built around that art with many other things bolted onto it. There is another forum I post on that does have a lot of people who hate the style and many of whom have done it before which is interesting but I like the conversations about it.

Taijitsu is a good style and I will create some interesting points of discussion on the thread for you guys to get stuck into.

9. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Both show a major lack of understanding about the art in question.

Both show an inate ignorance and both are extracting the urine.

You can't expect to rubbish other arts that you did for a month and understand nothing about and then expect people to be clued up about your own and/ or respect it for what it is or what you say it is.

Don't split hairs, slagging from a perspective of a lack of fundamental understanding is slagging, period.

Whether it's ninjas can see thru walls (often done to wind-up Ninpo practitioners as much as thru ignorance or rubbishing) or whether it's thru your 'Too flashy' etc quote.

I believe the straw that broke the camels back was NatXanadu's Pyjamas quote. A classic in anyones book.

Why don't you do something constructive and write a cool article on Ninpo and post it on Map and any other website that'll have it, about what Ninpo/ Ninjitsu really is?

That way, at least you can have a crack at confronting some of the ignorance that surrounds the subject and undo the damage that a million Godfrey Ho movies did...?

10. Adam

Adam New Member

If there are so many people slagging off Ninjitsu and spreading falsehoods about it, isn't it up to you to prove them wrong rather than to run away from the discussion?
    Granted, there are a few boneheads among the posters, but they will never learn what ninjitsu is truly about when people with knowledge of the art refuse to set them straight.
    Just how it seems to me.

11. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Sadly people come and go on forums, I can't speak for all the above named, but Kurohana left for 'real world' reasons. Kinjiro still posts as far as I'm aware.

This actually is a sweeping generalisation, as there are so many styles of Kung Fu, that a blanket statement is meaningless. Guilty as charged by Sokklab.

This forum is for educating others about your art.

If you represent it well, then these problems will go away, and you have the full support of the staff here in doing so.

12. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Yep, I'm still here. Thanks to the media, we will probably always have to deal with silly misconceptions and Power Ranger/Ninja Turtle wannabees. The thing to do is to educate these people on the real nature of ninjutsu (and on this, I defer to more experienced students; I'm still a newbie), and after that, completely ignore troll posts. Take the higher road -- don't feed trolls and don't participate in flame wars.

13. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

If it weren't for those silly misconceptions there would be a lot less people doing it, and a lot less schools, and you might not even be here to argue it :D

Don't take things so seriously.

14. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Oh, and by the way, Ninja Penguins CAN see through walls :D

15. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Do Ninja penguins fight with badgers?

16. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

17. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Ninja Penguins treat badgers like house flies ;)

18. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Ninja Tux attack!

19. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

i've also found that this board is rather stressfull. things like
    "Oh, and by the way, Ninja Penguins CAN see through walls " lead to posts going off topic :(

20. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

If you have a problem with a specific post in this forum, PM me with a link to the thread, and I'll take a look.

Sometimes hard to judge the fine line between people having a bit of a joke, and people who are subtlely trolling. What one person might just laugh at and shrug off, another can take offence to. Us karateka have to put up with all the Karate Kid crap, the MMA-er's have to put up with the 'NHB rools' crowd and so on. We all get teased on here by the other members, and its part of the character of the forum that we all take the mickey a bit. If you feel its taking liberities, either post an educated reply in defence of your art, or tell a Mod.