Favourite Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Andy Murray, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Katana, Bo and Bokken right now! I tend to vary in what I like periodically :p Katana's always in the list though! :D

2. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

3. Buddroux

Buddroux New Member

I like nunchaku ... and staff.. but for long range .303 or 9mm

4. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

My favorite weapon is the mind.

Seriously, it might not hurt to get hit with one, but it's really messy and you get sick trying to clean it off of you, allowing me to escape.

5. Seito

Seito New Member

My Fists are all the waepon i need but if i had to choose a another weapon it would definetly be. .....the BO:D

6. Splinter

Splinter Valued Member

I would like my fav weapon to be the european flail, but sciance I'm not into accidentaly killing myself I use the Tonfa

7. Splinter

Splinter Valued Member

Sorry about the spelling

So use the EDIT button! : Yoda

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2004
  8. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

I like the spear, Quick, deadly if you want, long, forgives mistakes easily. Ive saw myself, a mistake with the spear may turn into a really powerful move.
    i like it.
    [​IMG]

9. Thokk

Thokk Valued Member

Ive trained with the kubotan and blades and some kali. So many weapons to learn, so little money to pay :(

10. Mig

Mig New Member

I've only trained with a few|( Out of what I know... Nunchucks. Out of what I don't know but have an opportunity to get my grubby mits on for a minute or two, definitely the Katana.

11. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Ill soon have my hunting and gun license, but I have used some of my dads rifles already and I love the 12 gauge pump action and the semi auto .22 rifle, even though its small, Its fun as hell to use, like a pellet gun, that shoots bullets. lol. I like the bo , but I'd rather use the flexible chinese one rather than the rattan japanese one. I havent learned them yet but the sais are cool too.

12. xuande

xuande New Member

That I considered myself proficient at, I'd go with the steel fan. For elegance the chinese straight sword (gim), for sparring a diamond head spear. For everything else my feet, just watch how quickly they make me disappear.

13. Mordred

Mordred New Member

I agree.

Any technique I learned with the hanbo can be done with the cane. Also, as Andy said earlier in this post, its difficult to hurt yourself with a staff / cane / hanbo

The kursari-fundo is also a great weapon, which can be replaced with a rope, belt, etc.

14. Jewbacca

Jewbacca New Member

KAadoboodoo Tuuubuu!!

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040105l.jpg

Cardboard tube. I rest my case. :D

In all honesty, I prefer the cane, as many times as I've said it. I understand the whole discipline principle of weapons training, but I see no practical use for them if you're not able to protect yourself with them in public.

15. HeadKick44

HeadKick44 New Member

Definently cane

16. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Give me my tonfa and bo over some of this stuff any day...
    Okay, if you want something really exotic, then I'll go with naginata. A lot of my bo technique can transfer over to the weapon, but it becomes more of a finesse weapon when you get into slashing techniques. It takes a lot of skill to wield properly.

17. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Naginata thats like my 6th favorite weapon. :)

18. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

What school?

-Self taught?
    -EMA? (-What style?)
    -WMA? (-What style?)

19. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Andy, how can we limit it to just one? :D

Favorite: hmmm, probably baat jam dao as taught in Wing Chun, followed by three sectional staff as taught in mantis boxing.

Weapon I've done the most damage with: the radio! :D

20. brown belt

brown belt New Member

i was looking on a web sit for small pocket sized weapons and i saw the Kuboton keyring things i was wondering how they are used and if anyone knows a site where i can see any techniques for them.