Favourite smell, aftershave, cologne etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Combatant, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Heres my predicament; I want to buy an aftershave so I walk into a shop and ask to smell a tester. She squirts my first choice on my wrist. Its too strong in that form so I rub it with the other wrist to weaken it off. It smells ok, but I want to try others. I can't use my wrists anymore so she sprays it on a tester card. It just doesn't smell good on a card. By this time your sense of smell is cvery confused and they all end up smelling the same.

A guy walks past and you smell his cologne, it would be gay to say the least, 'hey, what smell are you wearing tonight?'. :eek: So this is my attempt at a non gay, macho, toughguy, eau de cologne rescource so that we may compare, discuss, and reccomend scents that work in the clubs.

What is your favourite cologne, eau de toilett, aftershave, smelly, etc?

At the moment I am using Issay Miyaki, Aqua de gio, or DKNY which are all very similar. :Alien: I just want to add to my smell repetoire. :cool:

Ladys your input is not just appreciated, it is a necessity for keeping this thread alive :D

2. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

This reminded me of something a little unrelated, but once i was all out of all forms of aftershave other than this small crappy bottle that came as part of a christmas gift pack about 3 years previously. I think it might have been Adidas of all things. Anyway, i wore it out one night and girls absolutely loved it, i've never been commented on for my smell so much in my life (well, positively anyway...).

It was my secret weapon, but now its run out and i've never been able to find it again. :cry:

3. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Combatant

You should have asked the bloke anyway. You might just have made a mate. :D :p

Anyway, I use several: Blue, Pom and something is a green bottle shaped like a body. All are lite clean scents and I always get complements.

4. tcgohan

tcgohan New Member

I've always been partial to brut33.

5. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

although i very, very rarely wear cologne, i do have some adidas. it actually smells very good, oddly enough.

6. Athleng Nordic

Brut's for boyz! :D

Actuall I used that for years.

7. freak

freak Valued Member

swiss army!!!! all of my girl friends love the smell

8. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

I wear either Axe (one of the ones that smells like half the others), Adidas Moves, or Adidas Urban Spice.

My ex girlfriend picked out the first one, and bought me the other two, so they must be at least adequate. :D

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

On the rare occasions that I do wear anything it's usually Drakkar Noir.

Why not go for the obvious favorite? :D

Attached Files:

10. Athleng Nordic

Boooooooooooooo!!! :D:D:D:p

11. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Davidoff Cool Water, I can't smell it but my girlfriend loves it on me :)

12. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Yup. Cool Water is a top choice. I dont know a woman out there that doesnt like it.
    Hugo Boss has to be my favorite, i love it.
    Or 212 Men. And then theres Fahrenheit. God i have so many.
    And for those that dont wear cologne...DO

13. succubus

succubus so hot right now

my (younger, hotter, nicer) boss smells absolutely gorgeous. and i don't know how to ask him what it is without it being inappropriate. :p

14. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

Oooh yeah, Cool Water is completely gorgeous :p

Basically keep it light and clean smelling and you can't go wrong. The other week I was completely blown away by the way my mate smelled so lots of er, compliments later I asked what it was...

Tesco 'own brand lemon an' somefing' shower gel! :rolleyes:

15. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Easy say that it's a friends B'day and you'd like to get him some aftershave and would like to know what it is he's wearing.

Or you could go for the more fun option and be inappropriate ;)

:D :D

Anyway on topic:

For work I tend just to go with the Gillette (cool wave), bit cheap I know but :D and every now and then something more like Versache Blue Jeans, still not too expensive.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  16. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

The smell of my babys head, funny nice hair smell, bizarre :D

17. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

after shave - jean paul gautier and Clinique Happy

18. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

This going to sound crazy, maybe I'm just a crazy girl, but - frankincense. For some reason frankincense just turns me into a babbling idiot with all the brain power of a gold fish. :confused: :rolleyes:

19. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

problem with this thread is that my favourite smell and favourite aftershave are in no way close toeach other.
    I have always found the smell of an auto workshop(a mixture of oil, petrol, metal and god knows what else)
    but for scent it would have to be jean paul gaultier

20. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche is my cologne of choice.